DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DUMB DUMBS ,two-arrested-for-flying-drone-over-michigan-stadium-during-season-opener

It definitely could (and probably IS) a DJI Phantom in that grainy photo...

And THAT'S why we have more regulations and drone haters.

Lock em up and fine them until they can't afford to buy another one.. EVER!

I love this comment :p!

"...and whoever was controlling it was actually doing a pretty darn good job. Those things can be challenging at times, but it was just hanging there.”

Yea that person obviously knows nothing about this industry above your mall-grade sUAS. Challenging to hover is 180deg WRONG!!

I wonder how they caught them. There's no mention of it. I would think it would be very hard to track a drone in the city.

I'll bet it was a couple of druck college kids sitting on a porch couch, fiddling with the drone when the cops came up the street. Derp.

Reactions: Kazzaaz
Looks like it could possibly be a Phantom 4 but hard to say really.

It is a sad situation for sure. Just fuels the skepticism of drones and their use.

Reactions: BigAl07
I wonder how they caught them. There's no mention of it. I would think it would be very hard to track a drone in the city.

I'll bet it was a couple of druck college kids sitting on a porch couch, fiddling with the drone when the cops came up the street. Derp.

DJI's Aeroscope system shows the location of the operator along with the drone. If they remained at the location they were controlling the drone from, it wouldn't be too difficult to track them down.

DJI's Aeroscope system shows the location of the operator along with the drone. If they remained at the location they were controlling the drone from, it wouldn't be too difficult to track them down.
Aeroscope only works with DJI drones. It is useless against a competitor's drones. However, this appears to be a DJI drone. Kids should have bought an EVO! ;)

I would have thought that was a Temporary no fly zone, and the app would not allow it. Can't believe that DJIGO4 would allow anyone to fly in a large city like that over a stadium. I am not a fan of restrictions in flight zones, but common sense states such a flight is not a smart thing to do and anyone attempting it has no plans to obey existing flight requirements. Just another brick in the building wall against all drones.

Paul C

I would have thought that was a Temporary no fly zone, and the app would not allow it. Can't believe that DJIGO4 would allow anyone to fly in a large city like that over a stadium. I am not a fan of restrictions in flight zones, but common sense states such a flight is not a smart thing to do and anyone attempting it has no plans to obey existing flight requirements. Just another brick in the building wall against all drones.

Paul C

I am new to drones, but it seems to me that I have seen talk about and links to software hacks to disable the geo-fencing. This story just reinforces my belief that it is nigh impossible to over estimate the stupidity of some members of the human race. Yet another "Here, hold my beer..." moment. I hope that they throw the book at them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky