DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dumb mistake - auto land/RTH

This is the second time I have done this now - pressed autoland instead of RTH. Mavic started to descend but quickly cancelled it. Would have lost it in the sea!

What makes matters worse is I was in the shade on a very bright day but could barely see the dji app display. Will look into getting one of those hoods.

What is autoland ? Never heard of it !

This is the second time I have done this now - pressed autoland instead of RTH. Mavic started to descend but quickly cancelled it. Would have lost it in the sea!

What makes matters worse is I was in the shade on a very bright day but could barely see the dji app display. Will look into getting one of those hoods.
I use an iPhone with my Mavic RC. The glare sucks and I can't see anything, even with an anti-glare screen protector. I tried sunglasses but they were too dark. I then bought the DJI hood and now I never use it because it sucks, too. Some time ago a reader posted a reason why the hood failed and showed a design he had cobbled together with cardboard that cut the glare to zero but it only worked on an iPad and not phone. The issue is that you need to change the angle of viewing and angle of light hitting the display. The hood doesn't do that. After droning with a towel over my head when needed (which meant that when I wanted to look at my iphone and see my altitude, distance, etc. I would lose my VLOS) I bought Goggles. Love them. Will get my Focus Fixers delivered next week and then I will be set. If anyone has figured out how to cut the glare on an iPhone please chime in.

I have often found that my phone/tablet often auto dims and I find it difficult to see as well. I have made it part of my pre flight checks to adjust screen brightness to 100%.
Yes, good idea but doesn't that drain your phone battery much faster?

The camera clamp is easy - eg attach a red ribbon so you cannot miss it , unfold props, removed clamp, done!
After losing a camera clamp as well as sometimes forgetting to remove it, I painted mine fluorescent orange. Problem and worry went away.

Reactions: ICHOTT

Lols.... i do that alot. So now i use the rth button instead of using the app. I know there are many RTH haters out there but i use it almost every time i fly. I love the fact i can fly for a cpl miles/kms press RTH and enjoy a beer as this awesome machine comes back and land a cpl of inches from where i took off from. Fanferkintastic! Happy flying

Reactions: Kaz Mavic Pro
I am sure you had your brightness turned up all the way? ?

Yes - iphone 7, brightness at max. You can barely see the screen on a very sunny day.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky