DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dumb question or not? Do Mavic propellers wear out through normal use?

DJI DelBoy

Reactions
Do they wear out through normal use - as in just flying normally without hitting anything like debris or leaves? I don’t know about the durability of the propellers so that’s why I’m asking.

And how would you be able to tell when they need replacing? Has anyone ever lost control because of worn out propellers? My fear is losing control of my Mavic over a body of water - I sometimes fly about 500m to 1km from the beach.

I have just replaced all 4 of my props after 18 months and 360 miles of flying ....

You should always check them before each flight for cracks etc and if you crash or they clip anything hard then replace them.

Reactions: Lapeer20m
That’s the thing. If you haven’t had any collisions of any kind, would they still wear out or be at risk of cracking due to exposure to the sun and friction? when achieving lift.

That’s the thing. If you haven’t had any collisions of any kind, would they still wear out or be at risk of cracking due to exposure to the sun and friction? when achieving lift.

Yes.
Ike he said inspect before each flight.

Yes ALWAYS check them :)

Okay, thanks. Is there a particular part of the propeller that is prone to cracking or it could be anywhere on the propeller?

Yes check the three lugs on each prop and the blade edges... so remove the props and inspect them then replace them and make sure they are locked in place.

Last edited:
Reactions: ksmusa
Check the pins that allow the prop to fold to make sure they are not loose or wobbly. You'd really hate it if one blade of a prop decides to go its own way.
Also make sure that when you install the props onto the motor there is adequate upward spring pressure against the prop to verify the spring that keeps your prop's lugs engaged is not broken.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
giovi321