DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dummy me

Daytona500

Reactions
Well I got my replacement Mini pro 3 a couple days ago. Took out for a few test flights yesterday morning. Got up about 200 feet and noticed a bunch of buzzards flying around , so I got the camera aimed at them and hit record and for like 15 mins all these buzzards are flying around my drone, they didn't bother it at all just flew all around it it was amazing to watch. I brought the drone home and went to watch the video only to find I forgot to install the new SD card bang head against the wall Bang! Bang!
Well Buzzards flying around here is common so I'll get another chance.

I'd bet most folks have, you're not alone. The other two common mistakes? Forgetting to press record, forgetting stop recording before you switch the drone off, I'm good at the latter.:(

Well I got my replacement Mini pro 3 a couple days ago. Took out for a few test flights yesterday morning. Got up about 200 feet and noticed a bunch of buzzards flying around , so I got the camera aimed at them and hit record and for like 15 mins all these buzzards are flying around my drone, they didn't bother it at all just flew all around it it was amazing to watch. I brought the drone home and went to watch the video only to find I forgot to install the new SD card bang head against the wall Bang! Bang!
Do you use the DJI RC remote controller? If I'm not mistaken, you may have low quality recordings stored on it.
Others may correct me if I'm wrong...

Your drone may have recorded the event in its memory. Checked it out.

Reactions: 3rdof5
Been there, done that.

Bang bang Maxwells silver hammer.

Exactly why I got into the habit of starting the video camera recording while I am on the ground or right as soon as I take off (if the drone doesn't have auto-record). Exactly why I have large memory cards and format them at the beginning of the day (after unloading the video the night before). If you want a particular video clip, feel free to stop the recording, then start/stop for the necessary clips, then start it again. All of my downtime is spent recording, not "not recording." I don't take a lot of pleasure in flying/piloting a camera drone (unlike FPV) so it would be pointless to fly around and not be recording. When I go back and review or scan the footage, I'm shocked all the things I see that I couldn't see on site from bird near misses to people on the ground, traffic stops...you name it.

I'll bet, like me, you only do that once!

100% bluffs; i think they try to use their speed to intimidate; make you think there's going to be a violent collision
Maybe but I don't want to chance it. Seems like the buzz of the drone gets them out of the woodwork. I have some clips where they are flying all around the drone.

Maybe but I don't want to chance it. Seems like the buzz of the drone gets them out of the woodwork. I have some clips where they are flying all around the drone.

I've had as many as two dozen martins, swifts, of swallows orbiting around the drone. They're all aerial predators, but unless you're flying something the size of a dragonfly or mosquito, there's no threat. They're high precision, highly maneuverable flyers and have no motivation to collide with a drone, one another, or anything they can't swallow.

I've had as many as two dozen martins, swifts, of swallows orbiting around the drone. They're all aerial predators, but unless you're flying something the size of a dragonfly or mosquito, there's no threat. They're high precision, highly maneuverable flyers and have no motivation to collide with a drone, one another, or anything they can't swallow.

I guess I've seen swifts flying around but they show no interest in my drone. I've also seen Harris Hawks but not while flying ,I wonder if they would attack a drone?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne