DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DURING MY FLIGHT WITH MAVIC MINI I RECEIVED A MESSAGE "FORCED LANDING"

Silveira1974

Reactions
Hello there! During my vacation in Brazil I flew my drone several times without any issue. On my last day of my vacation, I decided to fly it one more time. My drone was in the air about 8 or 9 floors, and approximately 800 meters from me. I received a message on the cellular "forced landing" It immediately started going down and I tried to bring it back, but the drone was not making connection with the controller. So the drone went straight to a busy street and it was crashed by a vehicle. Now I contact the DJI and told them what happened. They asked me to send the drone and the controller and i sent both. Now I have to wait to see what exactly happened. Does anyone has any experience about this ? Forced landing? What causes the drone to execute it?

Reactions: wsteele
Hello there! During my vacation in Brazil I flew my drone several times without any issue. On my last day of my vacation, I decided to fly it one more time. My drone was in the air about 8 or 9 floors, and approximately 800 meters from me. I received a message on the cellular "forced landing" It immediately started going down and I tried to bring it back, but the drone was not making connection with the controller. So the drone went straight to a busy street and it was crashed by a vehicle. Now I contact the DJI and told them what happened. They asked me to send the drone and the controller and i sent both. Now I have to wait to see what exactly happened. Does anyone has any experience about this ? Forced landing? What causes the drone to execute it?
They won’t tell you what happened. They just tell you what they decided to do.

Reactions: m80116
The recorded flight data will probably provide enough clues to give a pretty good idea what the forced landing happened.

Reactions: Thomas B

Exactly.
As noted if you can get the flight txt file from your device, and post up the link here as per these instructions . . .

. . . someone here can have a look and see if there is an obvious answer (and likely DJI response).

You should have the txt log, also see if the dat file is in the relative folder too, most likely that’s disappeared, but if you find it post that up as an attachment.

Reactions: Thomas B
I was using my daddy's cellphone, Samsung galaxy 9 75% battery charged. As I mentioned it, both the battery and the controller were fully charged. Now, that I am back in the States, I guess I need to get the flight record from my daddy's cellphone. Once I get the text log I post it here.

Is the the same issue you already posted about?

Is the the same issue you already posted about?

I answered DONE's post with what happened with my Mavic Mini Yes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colin King