DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Dutch National Park De Biesbosch

nice done reinier! but though i looks a bit shocking movie. it could be my internet connection. but the fadongs look not smooth? ore is it a rendering issue?

Reactions: Reinier
nice done reinier! but though i looks a bit shocking movie. it could be my internet connection. but the fadongs look not smooth? ore is it a rendering issue?
Thanks, I saw it a bit shocking too. I don't know how to solve this... Do you have a suggestion for me? Thanks in advance!

Nice flying, good edit and choice of music.

I think the "shocking" you are referring to is what I call judder and can be caused by a too high a shutter speed and/or low frame rate. The result is a discernible change from frame to frame as you pan or move which percieved as steps or judder to the viewer. What's needed is some motion blur to help smooth out the motion.

Several things you can do to help with this. What I have been doing is to shoot video in minimum 2k, 60 frames per second (FPS). I also use Nuetral Density filters and shoot in manual exposure mode. Rule of thumb is to use a shutter speed that is a multiple of the frame rate. (Thus at 60 FPS I use a shutter speed of 1/120 second) This introduces some motion blur. There are many threads on this forum and Videos on YouTube about the subject of video, ND filters and motion blur.

Some video editing software will also allow you to add motion blur as an effect.

Finally, I am far from an expert on the subject and am still learning myself. I'm certain there are others here who can chime in on this subject. Keep flying, videoing and posting here. It's a great resource.

Ha Reinier,
Nicely done!
On a sidenote; do you know whether they updated the Natura2000 area of the Biesbosch? I thought it was all Natura2000, but apparently a large area is free for us droners:

Biesbosch.JPG

Reactions: Reinier and CvCow
Ha Reinier,
Nicely done!
On a sidenote; do you know whether they updated the Natura2000 area of the Biesbosch? I thought it was all Natura2000, but apparently a large area is free for us droners:

View attachment 130732
Hello Joost, thanks for your massage ?? De Biesbosch is my “backyard” and yes, above the Noordwaard we can fly! I Will nog fly in a Natura 2000 area ?. Kind regards, Reinier

Reactions: JoostGT3
Hello Joost, thanks for your massage ?? De Biesbosch is my “backyard” and yes, above the Noordwaard we can fly! I Will nog fly in a Natura 2000 area ?. Kind regards, Reinier
Yeah, I'm surprised! I live in Dordrecht, and thought the entire Biesbosch was off limits. Looking forward to going to the Noordwaard on a nice summer evening with the Mavic 2 :-D

Reactions: Reinier

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zantuna