DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dynamic Homepoint issues

yamahu

Reactions
I can’t record new home point to my location: controller. I’m using iPhone X. Thanks for help!!

Mavic Pro Zoom. “GPS signal too weak” is the messages I got when I try update home point to my location.

Mavic Pro Zoom. “GPS signal too weak” is the messages I got when I try update home point to my location.
That's a common problem with Apple equipment.
There doesn't seem to be a solution.

That's a common problem with Apple equipment.
There doesn't seem to be a solution.
I thought DJI prided themselves on being like Apple and almost linked to Apple and yet they can’t get dynamic home point working on apples latest phones or operating system. Another example of DJI software ineptitude!! When I say another example I point to home lock and course lock which they couldn’t migrate from the Mavic pro! It seems to show a DJ I have got a long way to go to be compared to Apple.

I've always used Apple products with DJI (iPad Air, iPhones (6, 7 plus, XS Max)) and never had an issue with GPS nor homepoint recognition.

Last edited:
I've always used Apple products with DJI (iPad Air, iPhones (6, 7 plus, XS Max)) and never had an issue with GPS nor homepoint recognition.

I would suggest performing a "Compass Calibration" on your iPhone/iPad. Here is a link on how to do it.

+1: i NEVER had any error / bug related to my Apple devices with GO4 (iphone 7, X, XSR700 and iPad mini 4 cellular).

Reactions: SoCalDude
I would suggest performing a "Compass Calibration" on your iPhone/iPad. Here is a link on how to do it.
Calibrating the compass won't do a thing to address the problem (which is entirely unrelated to the compass).
Calibrating the compass is not a cure-all remedy.

Calibrating the compass won't do a thing to address the problem (which is entirely unrelated to the compass).
Calibrating the compass is not a cure-all remedy.

True. But if he has already he did all of the adjustments and calibrations on his aircraft, this is just one more step in the process of elimination.

Technically, when it is a home point recognition issue, it usually means either a weak or missing GPS signal (location or very high Kp index)

True. But if he has already he did all of the adjustments and calibrations on his aircraft, this is just one more step in the process of elimination.
No, it's not.
If his compass was causing a problem, he'd notice that because the problem it would cause would be a tendency for the drone to fly curves and slowly spiral when hovering.
But a compass won't cause repeated failure to reset the home point when there is GPS signal to the phone/tablet.
Your suggestion is like servicing your car's transmission because you have a problem with the airconditioning.

Technically, when it is a home point recognition issue, it usually means either a weak or missing GPS signal (location or very high Kp index)
No-one has ever had a problem recording their home point because of a high Kp index.
(No drone flier has ever had any problem that was caused by a high Kp index).
His problem was not recording the home point, it was resetting the home point to the location of the controller.
For the last 6 months there have been a number of these reports from Apple users despite all the obvious things being in order.

No, it's not.
If his compass was causing a problem, he'd notice that because the problem it would cause would be a tendency for the drone to fly curves and slowly spiral when hovering.
But a compass won't cause repeated failure to reset the home point when there is GPS signal to the phone/tablet.
Your suggestion is like servicing your car's transmission because you have a problem with the airconditioning.

No-one has ever had a problem recording their home point because of a high Kp index.
(No drone flier has ever had any problem that was caused by a high Kp index).
His problem was not recording the home point, it was resetting the home point to the location of the controller.
For the last 6 months there have been a number of these reports from Apple users despite all the obvious things being in order.
He is talking about the compass on the iPhone. Still not sure if that would help GPS accuracy though

Wow...I guess the majority of us Apple users must be lucky! ;)

I've flown more hours in the past six months—using iOS—than I have in three years and ("SoCal dude knocks on wood") I haven't experienced what the OP has. ?

He is talking about the compass on the iPhone.
Oops, I missed that detail.
In that case, it would be like servicing your brother's car's transmission because you have a problem with the airconditioning in your own car

The Apple issue isn't one of GPS accuracy.
It's the app reporting no GPS signal from the tablet even though the tablet is getting good GPS position data.
It doesn't happen for everyone but no-one has reported a solution when it does occur.

Oops, I missed that detail.
In that case, it would be like servicing your brother's car's transmission because you have a problem with the airconditioning in your own car

The Apple issue isn't one of GPS accuracy.
It's the app reporting no GPS signal from the tablet even though the tablet is getting good GPS position data.
It doesn't happen for everyone but no-one has reported a solution when it does occur.
Idk it would seem more like it’s like servicing the transmission on your car when your car is having engine trouble. They are closely related things that work together but if you need new spark plugs there’s nothing you can do to the transmission that gonna help that.

Idk it would seem more like it’s like servicing the transmission on your car when your car is having engine trouble. They are closely related things that work together but if you need new spark plugs there’s nothing you can do to the transmission that gonna help that.
It's an issue that has nothing to do with anyone's compass.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito