DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Early morning flight over Bay in Galveston, Texas

Good job, neighbor! I fly out there some mornings and it is beautiful when the water's still. Have you seen it when the water is clear and blue? Those are the best.

I like to fly along the coast over by pleasure pier. The sunrise in the morning is always a good one and the colors of the Ferris Wheel look great against the magenta of the Venus belt and the newly sunset sky. Typically aren't too many people out except during beach season. Due to the cooler weather, it should look really nice this evening if the clouds hold back a little. Check it out if you can.

DJI_0599.JPG

Plus I go to Kemah (which is closer to me) and take shots of the Boardwalk in the early evening.

IMG_6213.JPG

If you are closer to the city, Eleanor Tinsley Park is a great place to catch the skyline.

IMG_0388.JPG

I have a thing for lighthouses too, here is a smaller one located in Nassau Bay near Clear Lake.

DJI_0978.JPG

Happy flying and remember to shoot in raw!

Thanks.I am new to this. Where do I find the vantage point to take off for for Kemahboardwalk as well as the Lighthouse in Nassau Bay?
I live in the Galleria area and so am looking for other interesting places to go
I do appreciate your input

For Kemah, just before you get to the roller coaster, there are a couple of concrete slabs from which I launch. It says private property but it is not, just an old sign. Stand on those and launch and you can keep your bird in sight the entire time.

The lighthouse is a bit trickier as you have to go into a subdivision and I don’t remember the name. I think you can just use google or other map to get there. I’ve seen people launch from the boat ramp at Clear Lake Park, but you’ll need a waiver to fly beyond VLOS as it is almost two miles out.

Hope that helps. Be sure to use a manual exposure so that you can keep it 100 or 200 speed max. I get the best results that way.

Thanks for sharing and I will be looking for more.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka