DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EASA safe flying guide

UAV Man

Reactions
all these regulations, it's like this drone that hovers over my house at 3am in the morning but it is called a police helicopter, what regulation have they got,

Reactions: Dougie
I think it will for a while, this sort of policy takes a while to go through... As 'editor' said over on the InspirePilots forum we need to lobby our MPs to make sure we don't lose the rights normal hobbyists have.

Reactions: Dougie
My thinking is restrict everyone more until they pass a test that maybe costs £50 and takes an afternoon where they can then allow sensible people much more freedome and stop people from flying in daft places but I'm sure that will not sit right with many.

I feel there needs to be some half way house as doing the full licence is crazy.

Will they be restricting folk with the full license more? Or do they already get slightly more freedom apart from making money? Do they get to fly higher and such?

If you are new to this flying business this will help:

EASA Drone Safety Leaflet_web.pdf
Interestingly, for the UK, the information contained within this leaflet is wrong! (Although it does remind individuals to consult their national rules).

Currently EASA do not control any rules or regulations for the use of UAV's within UK airspace (other than aircraft with MTOM greater than 150kg). The aircraft we are flying comes under the powers of the CAA. Such aircraft are exempt from the need to comply with the Basic EASA Regulation and Implementing Rules and
thus remain subject to national regulation. - i.e the CAA.

Also, under CAP722 the maximum permissible height above ground which a UAS/SUAS can be flown legally (without CAA OSC or special exemption) is 400ft agl/122m. NOT 150m or 500ft as this leaflet would suggest.

I think this is a case of EASA overstepping their authority - again! (Nothing new there for Brussels then :rolleyes:)

Last edited:
My thinking is restrict everyone more until they pass a test that maybe costs £50 and takes an afternoon where they can then allow sensible people much more freedome and stop people from flying in daft places but I'm sure that will not sit right with many.

I feel there needs to be some half way house as doing the full licence is crazy.

Will they be restricting folk with the full license more? Or do they already get slightly more freedom apart from making money? Do they get to fly higher and such?
I am with you on the license thing. Educate the operator then test them and license them. This will cut down the uneducated, foolish operators giving the hobby a black eye.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src1972