DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ECUADOR'S BIGGEST CHURCH! CONQUERED BY DRONE :)

Cool. Personally, I won't dare fly my drone around such buildings cos I don't want to get in trouble with authorities. Pretty sure there's some regulations about flying over buildings and roads. If it falls out of the sky, chances of hitting someone or someone's property is quite high.
But since you got it, keep it. I think at some point in time, restrictions would be in place and people won't be able to do this in the future.

Back in the day, they must have had a lot of money left over after feeding and sheltering the poor and needy.
Otherwise it is just a display of improper use of charity money. :D

Cool. Personally, I won't dare fly my drone around such buildings cos I don't want to get in trouble with authorities. Pretty sure there's some regulations about flying over buildings and roads. If it falls out of the sky, chances of hitting someone or someone's property is quite high.
But since you got it, keep it. I think at some point in time, restrictions would be in place and people won't be able to do this in the future.

Yea I agree,

I personally always approach the administrators and always ask them if I can fly.

I've covered some of the biggest events in Quito, where I have my Drone Services company.

People always react really well to me asking, and most times 1 admin joins me to see the flight because they are just so entertained.

I work with the police in 2 projects and the Ecuadorian "FAA" DGAC, in advancing laws that won't restrict drone pilots as heavily as other countries are throwing out restriction.

Our idea is to take a different approach on drone laws, put a much greater emphasis on Drone Courses and getting certificates to fly a lot more freely.

Well done, some great shots.

I don’t think the music fits the film
This is a criticism worth considering for a moment. Many of us as pilots see a great deal of footage, and it becomes boring to us after a while. To Spice it up a bit in post, people are tempted to use some upbeat music and some time-remapping to add interest. While editing, one should consider if the music and the editing style fit the subject, and consider who your audience is. For this example, the people that are most interested in this kind of architecture don't need you to generate more interest in post, they are in love with the building you're shooting. To them, the "back and fourth" edits that match the upbeat music are an unnecessary distraction.

Don't get me wrong, very skilled flying and editing. I get the feeling that you (like most of us) do this because you enjoy doing it, so in a way, we are our audience. In that sense I completely relate to the desire to "punch it up" a bit, and am absolutely guilty of it myself. Mavic footage does tend to feel really slow after a while.

Reactions: Ozimax
Great video, I love it.

Brought memories of the past as I grow up in Quito and the Catedral was one of my favorite spots to take some pictures.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom