DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Editing software

Stoney B

Reactions
What would be the best choice of the free editors available. And also any decent paid editors for stills & vid. Thanks.

What would be the best choice of the free editors available. And also any decent paid editors for stills & vid. Thanks.
Black Magic Resolve. Comes free and has pretty much all the features of the Pro paid setup. Is a Pro video editing, processing programme. It gets free upgrades. If you like it and want or need to fuller version is doesn’t cost an arm or leg. Very well worth looking at. I have it and after a bit of a learning curve it is very powerful.

Reactions: Moet4u
Wow! Thank you so much for the quick & informative reply. Getting the Mavic pro Tues and trying to get everything coordinated. Think I'm going to really enjoy these forums. Thanks again

Reactions: Michael Ainsworth
Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 16 or whatever latest is is pretty cost effective.

What would be the best choice of the free editors available. And also any decent paid editors for stills & vid
This list contains free/paid editors commonly recommended by members of this site.

The latest issue of Computer Active just arrived through my door, featuring Open Shot a free video editor.
Haven't had time to test it out but it looks pretty good.

I think it would be worth buying a copy of Computer Active (issue 562 – 11, 24 September 2019) as it has a full how to.

May not be in the shops yet I get it early through subscription.

Black Magic Resolve. Comes free and has pretty much all the features of the Pro paid setup. Is a Pro video editing, processing programme. It gets free upgrades. If you like it and want or need to fuller version is doesn’t cost an arm or leg. Very well worth looking at. I have it and after a bit of a learning curve it is very powerful.
Ditto

Divinci Resolve 15 or 16. It is free and as good if not better than Premiere Pro. As a matter of fact is is a better color grade Der and corrector for sure. Divinci started out as only a color graderer years ago, but Blackmagic bought them and. It is used in movie production. Go to You Tube and. Learn it quick. I did that and love it. I tried a lot of them and find Divinci the fastest, easiest, and free. It rocks.

Then upgrade your computer, or none of them are going to work. In Divinci select all your footage, then right click then click, optimize. It will take a few, but then you can scrub and use everything with no issues, even on an older computer.
What works the best for a Mac mini? I tried the black magic resolve and it locks up up my Mac mini when trying to load it.

Then upgrade your computer, or none of them are going to work. In Divinci select all your footage, then right click then click, optimize. It will take a few, but then you can scrub and use everything with no issues, even on an older computer.

I’ve been seeking the video editing software for my needs for weeks. What I’ve learned: (1) Base your decision on the computer system you have; or, plan to purchase. I have a Mac Pro, PC, & iPad. However, I want a device that I can take with me. (2) Take the time to test drive editing software & use whatever tutorials are available. I’ve finished iMovie & now Final Cut Pro. (3) Determine you needs, especially when it comes to your final production requirements.

I’m leaning toward Final Cut Pro for my Mac Pro or LumaFusion for the iPad.

Good luck with your choice!

Reactions: Cabo Wabo
Thank you for that insight. I didn’t ask if I should upgrade and yes that would be an option. I asked if there was anything that worked good on what I have.

I recently downloaded one called Video Pad (by NCH Software) and made a couple of short videos using it. I really have no experience with that type of stuff, and yet found it not too hard to use. I even added a music track and text in certain areas and it worked great. It is free for home use, I have no idea what it cost to purchase it. It looks like the free "home use" version does pretty much anything you should need to do. I couldn't get MS Movie Maker to work with my videos for some reason, and found this one which seems to work great.

Video Pad is what I use KB9Radio
I have the paid for version ( think you can get a free one ) it has enough options for anything I want and isn’t that complicated to use.

Thanks for the reply, I downloaded it yesterday and it does seem to work very well. It is free for "home" use as you mentioned. I made a couple of short projects with it,added music and some effects and it turned out pretty well. I think I will be able to master it after working with it for a while. Thanks again!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54