DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Editing software ?

What’s the experienced advice line on the best editing software for Mavic 2 Pro? Windows. 10k, d-log, .265
FcPX, DaVinci Resolve or Adobe Premiere Pro. Choose the one with you feel comfortable

I have struggled, looking for video editing software that I can use comfortably - I tried a bunch of different ones but found them all to be a little confusing and difficult to edit, piece together clips, add transitions, music, etc.

Today, I found some software by chance that I really like a lot - reasonable price (several different packages) and extremely easy to use. I mean Really Easy. Its called Movavi Video Suite - and I love it. just thought I would mention it if anyone was looking for an editor they can use - particularly if they want something that offers many different options and is extremely easy to use. You can find out more by visiting www.Movavi.com

Take a look - these are different ones members have discussed or mentioned. Personally I use VSDC (licensed and free versions available) on my Windows 10 PC without any problems. A ton of YT videos plus their own tutorial videos.

HERE is a link to their page, but like drones or cars you will use the one you like best. Buying the most expensive program won't do you any good if you find it to hard or confusing to use.

Attachments

• VIDEO EDITING SOFTWARE.pdf
    59.7 KB · Views: 12
What’s the experienced advice line on the best editing software for Mavic 2 Pro? Windows. 10k, d-log, .265
Absolute best, regardless of price? I doubt many people here have tried all of the options available. I for one don't have the money or experience to "Try" multiple software programs. So all I can do is provide you with the reason I went with the program I use and how it is going so far. That program is CyberLink PowerDirector 18 Ultimate. Here is how I chose it.
  • I wanted a program I could own and not lease and pay monthly.
  • From reading this forum and talking to a small number of friends who edit video, I got down to two programs. DaVince Resolve (Free version) and PowerDirector ($130.00 for a lifetime license).
  • I had heard from people that had used both of these programs that PowerDirector had an easier learning curve.
  • Over a two day period, I talked to or read 3 person's testimonials that liked PowerDirector.
  • PowerDirector has many YouTube tutorials that I personally found helpful.
I bought CyberLink PowerDirector and I have really enjoyed using it, even though I still have much to learn. This of course, is strictly my opinion.

Reactions: Brian I and JTZ
Very interesting comments. I tried a number of programs and found I liked NCH's VideoPad the best. It's completely free, but you can buy the updraded Pro versioin if you like. I did, and found I didn't really use any of the Pro features, so the free version is just as good. (Video Editing Software. Free Download. Easy Movie Editor.)

Update: I have downloaded and used DaVinci Resolve 16 and found it to be GREAT! Had to look at a couple of different Youtube videos to figure out how to use it, but then it just clicked in my little brain! Easy to use, but really pushes your PC to the limit in processing. Took 45 minutes to compile and generate a 15 minute youtube clip last night. Bottom line is I really like it... the FREE version.

Different people will have different opinions, and to some extent it depends on how involved you want to be with editing.

I first started with Filmora, because there were plenty of youtube tutorials out there, it was good value for money, easy to use and worked well.

I started to find I wanted to do things like speed ramping and ended up with premiere pro that I find works very well. Plenty of youtube videos out there and it is a bit of a learning curve to be fair.

Different people will have different opinions, and to some extent it depends on how involved you want to be with editing.

I first started with Filmora, because there were plenty of youtube tutorials out there, it was good value for money, easy to use and worked well.

I started to find I wanted to do things like speed ramping and ended up with premiere pro that I find works very well. Plenty of youtube videos out there and it is a bit of a learning curve to be fair.
Good Youtube heads up on Filmora by Drone Film Guides here:
. I've found the series they have done on many aspects of drone work to be excellent.

thank you for all of your advice. in a previous life, i sold avid NLE systems for a living. when avid bought pinnacle i was given a fee copy. that's when a pentium4 was a powerul processor. ishoot underwater video nd have edited hundreds of videos with pinnacle. of course those videos usually only required dissolves and titles. i abhor adobe and their "rent to own" subscriptions. i ahve been lookin at corel but find their min/sys requirements confusing. I am not in a position to buy a new laptop right now. i am not commerial, as i don't have a 107 yet. I simply want to get my videos on a timeline and save them for facebook or youtube. so far I am shooting UHD, i think, and dragging shots to my desktop. it is very frustrting for an old fart who was used to digitizing via firewire from a DV camcorder. any tips for an old frustrted guy tht just wants to get started without a huge investment. remember I have been around variou NLE timlines inluding FCP <gasp> and premeire when i sold matrox edting sytems, but it's been about 10 years. thanks for your patince and advic.
PS: as a stroke surivor my typing suks, and i can't get chrome to use voice rocognition,

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_