DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ehhh... Rear Left Motor Obstructed with Scratching noise

dataflurry

Reactions
Surprisingly the system says ready to fly (obviously I am not going to). It was a broken drone and I just put on a new camera and new GPS unit, but the drone was flying with absolutely no problems just a week ago. But can you guys take a look at this video and offer recommendations? Also how do you get the black bottom plastic piece off? Do you just pull really hard? I don't want to break anything further.

The video is at:

Probably a piece of metal that is in there along with all the magnets. The only way you are going to get it out is by taking the motor apart. I've tried blowing other motors out (not one from the mp) with little success. Could be some other material that isn't magnetic so the air may work. Could also be a bad bearing.

Yeah I took the 3 screws off and blew it out (holding it upside down) with an aeresol can. Must not have been metal. Seems to have worked, no more major noticeable issue - but I am going to fly it low for 30 minutes or so tomorrow. Seems like its working (cross my fingers). I am going to try to pull off the bottom too, there is nothing attached to the bottom black piece on the rear ones, right? Thank you for your insight

Is it safe to put motor covers on, or would that risk burning out your motor from over heating... I am guessing its too risky since im sure those little engines get hot

I have the same problem. hovering at 5ft the same prop just sheared off sending the MP into a spin. I was able to get it down flat with no damage.
I checked everything, blew the motor out and it seemed ok. tried again and the same thing. The motor seems to jam in spots. At that RPM and if the motor momentarily IE a millisecond, the prop will shear for sure. Im sending mine back to DJI for warranty, its only 23 days old.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dorky