DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Electric Adams

AlanL

Premium Pilot
Reactions
A 4 panel panorama of this morning's (8/3/23) sunrise using the 166mm lens on a Mavic 3 Pro. The large peak is Mt. Adams in the Gifford Pinchot National Forest in southwest Washington. Smoky skies lent a lot to the colors but also left a very visible haze in the foreground. I chose to leave that alone in processing.

DJI_M3P_166_ElectricAdams080323.jpg

Comments and critiques always welcome.

Last edited:
Great photo!

Reactions: AlanL
Very nice shot! Well done @AlanL!

Is that just straight up from East Vancouver or Brush Prairie? The one time I flew in that area I was catching ground features at a farm and never went over 60’ or so…

Reactions: AlanL
Very nice shot! Well done @AlanL!

Is that just straight up from East Vancouver or Brush Prairie? The one time I flew in that area I was catching ground features at a farm and never went over 60’ or so…

Thanks Seth - this is straight up from my driveway in the Felida area NW of Vancouver. I believe this was from about 380' AGL. At 166mm from this altitude the 'burbs disappear and I have open views of St. Helens, Mt. Adams, and Mt. Hood.

Reactions: SethB and dozzn
A 4 panel panorama of this morning's (8/3/23) sunrise using the 166mm lens on a Mavic 3 Pro. The large peak is Mt. Adams in the Gifford Pinchot National Forest in southwest Washington. Smoky skies lent a lot to the colors but also left a very visible haze in the foreground. I chose to leave that alone in processing.

View attachment 166687

Comments and critiques always welcome.
This is absolutely awesome. I have so many questions. Can you give me a summary how you go about capturing, stitching and editing a photo like this? I have a M3 as well but wont know where to start. thanks in advance

This is absolutely awesome. I have so many questions. Can you give me a summary how you go about capturing, stitching and editing a photo like this? I have a M3 as well but wont know where to start. thanks in advance
It's actually a pretty easy process.

I start by shooting a sequence of shots that covers the scene I wish to include in the panorama from side to side with the drone at the desired height. In this case I am only using one panel in height so no gimbal movement is necessary - just turning the drone for the next shot. Overlap each shot by about 1/3 to aid the stitch. in this case I used DxO PureRAW to clean up some of the noise inside of Adobe Lightroom, adjust the colors and light to taste. I synced the LR adjustments for the four panels and then used LR's Photo Merge to Panorama for the stitch. I finish the processing in Photoshop (mostly light touchups), resize the image and then convert to sRGB color space for the web image above.

You may need a bit more color adjustments with a Mavic 3 using the 162mm lens. I certainly did when I was using my Mavic 3. The above image is from a Mavic 3 Pro with the 166mm lens which has cleaner color output than the older 162mm.

Reactions: redserv
It's actually a pretty easy process.

I start by shooting a sequence of shots that covers the scene I wish to include in the panorama from side to side with the drone at the desired height. In this case I am only using one panel in height so no gimbal movement is necessary - just turning the drone for the next shot. Overlap each shot by about 1/3 to aid the stitch. in this case I used DxO PureRAW to clean up some of the noise inside of Adobe Lightroom, adjust the colors and light to taste. I synced the LR adjustments for the four panels and then used LR's Photo Merge to Panorama for the stitch. I finish the processing in Photoshop (mostly light touchups), resize the image and then convert to sRGB color space for the web image above.

You may need a bit more color adjustments with a Mavic 3 using the 162mm lens. I certainly did when I was using my Mavic 3. The above image is from a Mavic 3 Pro with the 166mm lens which has cleaner color output than the older 162mm.
Thank you so much for the explanation. I will definitely need purchase software to accomplish this task. any recommendations for a good stitching software? Anyway thanks so much, I will give this a go and see how it works out, Great work and thanks for helping out.

Thank you so much for the explanation. I will definitely need purchase software to accomplish this task. any recommendations for a good stitching software? Anyway thanks so much, I will give this a go and see how it works out, Great work and thanks for helping out.
I just used the stitching software built into Adobe Lightroom for the stitching. Same as I have been using with DSLRs for well over a decade now. I used the Photo Merge process inside of Adobe Photoshop before Lightroom came out and got its own stitching capability.

Reactions: redserv