DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Electrical Ground Interference

South-West-Skies

Reactions
Anyone had experience of electrical interference issues using a Mavic Pro Platinum ?

On a recent flight the Mavic detected obstacles in way twice where there was none, I was in open countryside at around 65 m height well above ground, had to increase altitude to be able to get back.

At one point the Mavic lost video link and then re-established and stopped video recording onto the SD card, managed to get control and fly home and land safely.

Since then have taken a couple of flights both of which showed the drone in hover as moving ever so slightly with a judder, not sure what is going on but doesn't feel quite right, any thoughts.

On the original flight I may have passed over a 11kv line below me, cleared if by 55 m height well above the cables, wondered if the issues we electrical interference related.

Anyone had experience of electrical interference issues using a Mavic Pro Platinum ?

On a recent flight the Mavic detected obstacles in way twice where there was none, I was in open countryside at around 65 m height well above ground, had to increase altitude to be able to get back.

At one point the Mavic lost video link and then re-established and stopped video recording onto the SD card, managed to get control and fly home and land safely.

Since then have taken a couple of flights both of which showed the drone in hover as moving ever so slightly with a judder, not sure what is going on but doesn't feel quite right, any thoughts.

On the original flight I may have passed over a 11kv line below me, cleared if by 55 m height well above the cables, wondered if the issues we electrical interference related.

Could you have been flying into the sun? looking directly at the sun overexposes the sensors making it think there’s an obstacle

Could you have been flying into the sun? looking directly at the sun overexposes the sensors making it think there’s an obstacle

Thanks, that makes sense, never thought about that considering the weather at the time and direction of travel was towards the sun, might be an answer.

That's a fairly low distribution voltage and at least with my MP I've never had issues around similar voltages at a much closer range than you flew.

Reactions: mereflyer
I am putting together a video of a neolithic stone circle in the English lake district and encountered similar problems with the Mavic, losing connection every time I fly over it, it doesn't happen with my MI drone but it gives magnetic interference.

Could this be an ancient place of power ? Must be some reason to drag a lot of bloody big stones to the middle of nowhere and stand them all on end.

I am putting together a video of a neolithic stone circle in the English lake district and encountered similar problems with the Mavic, losing connection every time I fly over it, it doesn't happen with my MI drone but it gives magnetic interference.

Could this be an ancient place of power ? Must be some reason to drag a lot of bloody big stones to the middle of nowhere and stand them all on end.

That sounds super cool! Post it when you are finished

I'm a new pilot and had very strange behavior from my mavic mini when tryingvto fly within an ancient stone circle in Northumberland!!
My screen was going haywire and I got a message saying there was magnetic disturbance and to move away.
I gave in after 40 minutes thinking my drone was f...ed.
I walked back to the car and after about 500yds thought I would try again and it worked perfect......very strange and intriguing ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lschabert