DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Electronics fried

usaken

Reactions
Took my Mavic Pro Platnium to Alaska In early January. I have flown it there before With no problem. This time the Gimble would not work with the remote and the compass would not calibrate in the verticle axis. sent it back to dji for repair. 3 problems found. Bad core board, compass board and gimble axis module. They are repairing it under warranty. Question is, what could have fried the elevtronics? Its never been crashed or even had a hard landing. this is very strange!

Took my Mavic Pro Platnium to Alaska In early January. I have flown it there before With no problem. This time the Gimble would not work with the remote and the compass would not calibrate in the verticle axis. sent it back to dji for repair. 3 problems found. Bad core board, compass board and gimble axis module. They are repairing it under warranty. Question is, what could have fried the elevtronics? Its never been crashed or even had a hard landing. this is very strange!

I think DJI sometimes like to just Replace the Mother Board rather than fix individual parts.
I think it gives them the most effective way to get you a working drone back.

Alaska cold , wet , did you ever have any issues with the Batteries or rain ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly you Mavic Pro in the Rain/Snow

Multiple simultaneous electronic circuit failures are most frequently caused by a short circuit to ground from a live part of the circuitry. A piece of conductive material falling on the board, a defective battery connection, and a component failure on one of the boards are all candidates.

Far less likely but possible is a very strong electromagnetic pulse from a nearby transmitter. Solar winds or other natural phenomena don’t usually generate strong pulses.

Reactions: davefabik
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143