DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Engine error message

soccplayer07

Reactions
Hey guys. I had a dead piece of grass on one of my props the other day. It happened while landing. No crashes or anything, just put it down in longer grass. I now get an error message while trying to take off (engine or prop error). I also noticed that three of the props turn quickly when powering on and one does not. It's the same one that had grass on it. Ideas or thoughts on how to fix this? Thanks.

How does that motor turn by hand when you compare it to the others? Could have a piece of something lodged between the magnets and the windings in that motor, which would cause a lot of resistance and drag in that motor. We need to keep these Mavics away from debris, launch from a good clean surface and hand land it, the propellers suck everything into themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

How does that motor turn by hand when you compare it to the others? Could have a piece of something lodged between the magnets and the windings in that motor, which would cause a lot of resistance and drag in that motor. We need to keep these Mavics away from debris, launch from a good clean surface and hand land it, the propellers suck everything into themselves.

It's a tad tighter when I turn it. How do I open that part up?

I've never had one apart (yet), I'm 200 Miles away from mine right now so can't see how to do it. On my 350 QX, there was a little circle clip on the bottom that you could take off and pull the stator off enabling you to clean it, not sure whether these are the same.

A piece of dead grass on a prop blade for a few moments shouldn't make any difference whatsoever.

A piece of dead grass on a prop blade for a few moments shouldn't make any difference whatsoever.
True, however there is a good chance a piece of grass has wound its way beneath a motor hub and arm like this.This was obvious to me because of the seed head. But if it is just a stem may be much harder to see.

20161218_212606-jpg.2896

True, however there is a good chance a piece of grass has wound its way beneath a motor hub and arm like this.This was obvious to me because of the seed head. But if it is just a stem may be much harder to see.

20161218_212606-jpg.2896

How do I fix it??

Dont have my Mavic nearby. But I would start by removing the prop and looking down through the windings to see if any grass is visible. Then look in sideways with a flashlight in the gap beneath the motor and the arm where the hayseed is in my photo. You may be able to slide a pin or a needle in there and scrape very gently to catch and remove a stem of grass that has would around it. Next step would be removing the motor however someone else will have to advise on that as I do not know the process.

Reactions: soccplayer07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan