DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Enhance Flying Distrance

Dawem

Reactions
May I know how to enhance my mavic pro flying distance?
From the website mentioned able fly up to 7km but everytime shown signal weak after 150m away from RC.

It almost sounds like you are still on wifi mode. 150m is less than 500 ft. Have you checked to make sure the Mavic is switched to RC mode and not wifi?

It almost sounds like you are still on wifi mode. 150m is less than 500 ft. Have you checked to make sure the Mavic is switched to RC mode and not wifi?
I'm beginner on this..may i know how ensure i was switched?

It's on the starboard side of the drone under a flap. It's right next to the Micro SD Card. If you're using your controller and not a tablet or smartphone, then you're flying it RC. RC is great, but it's really Line of Sight. Straight out over the ocean, I can go a couple of miles before I lose signal. In my tree filled neighborhood, I can only get about a half mile. Obstacles severely limit the distance you can go. Trees, houses, cars and anything else that can block your signal will reduce the distance. Height helps a lot. I can go a lot further if I go high because I am eliminating a lot of the obstacles.

Reactions: Chris32817
It's on the starboard side of the drone under a flap. It's right next to the Micro SD Card. If you're using your controller and not a tablet or smartphone, then you're flying it RC. RC is great, but it's really Line of Sight. Straight out over the ocean, I can go a couple of miles before I lose signal. In my tree filled neighborhood, I can only get about a half mile. Obstacles severely limit the distance you can go. Trees, houses, cars and anything else that can block your signal will reduce the distance. Height helps a lot. I can go a lot further if I go high because I am eliminating a lot of the obstacles.
Will the camera function with RC mode?

Will the camera function with RC mode?
Yes, it does. I can't get my RC controller to connect when on WiFi. I have to use a WiFi enabled device for that.

Reactions: Dawem

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3