DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Enterprise Dual Camera Zoom In/Out?

AFD DJI

Reactions
Our agency recently purchased a Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual and Smart Controller. So far, very satisfied with the product. However (stupid question), how is the camera zoom controlled? We can't figure it out to save our lives!

Left wheel of the smart controller adjust gimbal angle, right wheel adjusts camera EV setting, two finger pinch the smart controller screen does nothing.

Thanks for helping out an Enterprise Dual noob!

Reactions: Dronage
Hi AFD DJI Welcome to Mavic Pilots

Page 37 of the manual shows the difference in the camera between the M2 Enterprise & the M2 Enterprise Dual
Download the Enterprise Manual HERE

Our agency recently purchased a Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual and Smart Controller. So far, very satisfied with the product. However (stupid question), how is the camera zoom controlled? We can't figure it out to save our lives!

Left wheel of the smart controller adjust gimbal angle, right wheel adjusts camera EV setting, two finger pinch the smart controller screen does nothing.

Thanks for helping out an Enterprise Dual noob!
The right scroll wheel dedicated to exposure competition like every other DJI aircraft, instead of Zoom, is the tip, same as on the M2P. Personally, prefer exposure compensation on the right scroll wheel, and miss it non the Zoom!

"The Mavic 2 Enterprise features a fully stabilized 3-axis gimbal camera that shoots 4K video, 12-megapixel photos, supports 2x optical zoom, 24-48 mm lens, and supports filters."

"The Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual features a fully stabilized 3-axis gimbal camera with a FLIR longwave infrared thermal camera and a visual camera, providing both infrared and visible light imaging simultaneously. The infrared thermal camera records 640×480 video, and the visual camera captures 4K videos and 12MP photos."

If you want digital zoom, just crop your M2ED video footage in post, or use an iPad and use the magnifying glass to zoom in to portions of the FPV screen.

The right scroll wheel dedicated to exposure competition like every other DJI aircraft, instead of Zoom, is the tip, same as on the M2P. Personally, prefer exposure compensation on the right scroll wheel, and miss it non the Zoom!

"The Mavic 2 Enterprise features a fully stabilized 3-axis gimbal camera that shoots 4K video, 12-megapixel photos, supports 2x optical zoom, 24-48 mm lens, and supports filters."

"The Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual features a fully stabilized 3-axis gimbal camera with a FLIR longwave infrared thermal camera and a visual camera, providing both infrared and visible light imaging simultaneously. The infrared thermal camera records 640×480 video, and the visual camera captures 4K videos and 12MP photos."

If you want digital zoom, just crop your M2ED video footage in post, or use an iPad and use the magnifying glass to zoom in to portions of the FPV screen.

While performing aerial surveys with my M2ED, I use the following procedures:
  • Setup Litchi to map out the aerial survey grid and typically use 100m altitude above highest obstacle to avoid collision.
  • Configure the M2ED visual camera to take 4k single shot snapshots. This requires calculating the distance between continuous frame and I used some image overlay for continuity between snapshots.
  • Finally, I use Docker to stitch together all my images, which makes importing image overlays onto Google Earth much easier. For some reason, the M2E embeds the snapshot geo-coordinates in center of images instead of using the image corner.
Here are a few 4k snapshots taken from a year ago during an aerial survey I performed. The drone was flying at 100m and you can almost zoon in to recognizing people's faces. It looks even better when integrated as a image overlay on Google Earth.

Here is a link to the Docker Open Source software, which I installed on a Linux platform. It is also compatible with Windows OS

Finally here is a 4k pic I previously mentioned of me standing outside while performing an aerial survey of my neighborhood. You can even make make out my RC controller I'm holding in my hand when zoomed in.
DJI_0349 (2).JPG

Haven't had the M2DE out for sometime, actually haven't used it yet other than a few quick flights... just noticed the new FW x.0720.

To re-beat an old horse... the M2Zoom on M2ED.
With the new update FW x.0720 and the addition of the Digital zoom feature.
Has any one re-tired if the M2 Zoom camera was now recognized on the M2ED.
It previously wasn't recognized... but was wondering if within the FW any change occurred that might allow it now.

I have a M2 Zoom in case... able to swap & use with my M2P without issues... due to FW acknowledgment of camera on M2. Was curious if any one tried, similar to when the XT was allowed on the M600Pro after FW update when it wasn't intentional at first... now behave as if intentional.

Just for grins... I'll re-try in near future, after FW update.

Reactions: justinca2013
Haven't had the M2DE out for sometime, actually haven't used it yet other than a few quick flights... just noticed the new FW x.0720.

To re-beat an old horse... the M2Zoom on M2ED.
With the new update FW x.0720 and the addition of the Digital zoom feature.
Has any one re-tired if the M2 Zoom camera was now recognized on the M2ED.
It previously wasn't recognized... but was wondering if within the FW any change occurred that might allow it now.

I have a M2 Zoom in case... able to swap & use with my M2P without issues... due to FW acknowledgment of camera on M2. Was curious if any one tried, similar to when the XT was allowed on the M600Pro after FW update when it wasn't intentional at first... now behave as if intentional.

Just for grins... I'll re-try in near future, after FW update.
Easy enough to try, but the incompatibility of the flying apps make it a dubious proposition. Go 4 was written from inception to seamlessly change the app settings and RC controls upon swapping the cameras. The M2P and M2Z aircraft, sans camera, are identical in every way. M2E and M2DE are two very different aircraft from the M2P and M2Z.

Easy enough to try, but the incompatibility of the flying apps make it a dubious proposition. Go 4 was written from inception to seamlessly change the app settings and RC controls upon swapping the cameras. The M2P and M2Z aircraft, sans camera, are identical in every way. M2E and M2DE are two very different aircraft from the M2P and M2Z.

Agree, I’d agree the outcome is most likely a negative... although due to FW, apps coding & associated IC boards; the M2 & ME2 aren’t compatible... I also wasn’t suggesting app interchangeability. Although, I thought several 3rd party Apps worked with both platforms. The M2 Ent Zoom camera other than possible FW is probably the same physical camera as the standard M2 Zoom... I don’t have a Ent Zoom to verify that, but don’t believe the hardware was modified... more a FW limitation.

Comes down to FW and allowed parameters... the 2 platforms could easily function & operate within a single app; both with their own specific platform differences. Example, The Android Pilot app supports M210v1 & M600Pro as does Go4 app (iOS & Android) per SW parameters allowing. DJI has elected to limit compatibility within SW... 3rd party Apps include the code for basically all DJI platforms. The Litchi app recognizes the M2ED, and indicates the RGB camera options under manual, but due to SDK provided by DJI not able to access & control.

If an App can have alternate platform modules for different model platforms: M2E, M2ED, M210, M600Pro, etc. either App “could“ be coded to accept any of them. Oddly, as example the DJI site now indicates the M210v1 as only Pilot compatible in current FW version... no longer listing Go4 when current M210v1 manual indicates Go4 as primary app.

Although I do agree that most likely the Zoom camera on the M2ED platform most likely logically & SW interaction will not work... as it hasn’t worked previously; due to SW.

For grins, I’ll once again try it... like a pig testing the electric wire often... just to verify it hasn’t changed.

Agree, I’d agree the outcome is most likely a negative... although due to FW, apps coding & associated IC boards; the M2 & ME2 aren’t compatible... I also wasn’t suggesting app interchangeability. Although, I thought several 3rd party Apps worked with both platforms. The M2 Ent Zoom camera other than possible FW is probably the same physical camera as the standard M2 Zoom... I don’t have a Ent Zoom to verify that, but don’t believe the hardware was modified... more a FW limitation.

Comes down to FW and allowed parameters... the 2 platforms could easily function & operate within a single app; both with their own specific platform differences. Example, The Android Pilot app supports M210v1 & M600Pro as does Go4 app (iOS & Android) per SW parameters allowing. DJI has elected to limit compatibility within SW... 3rd party Apps include the code for basically all DJI platforms. The Litchi app recognizes the M2ED, and indicates the RGB camera options under manual, but due to SDK provided by DJI not able to access & control.

If an App can have alternate platform modules for different model platforms: M2E, M2ED, M210, M600Pro, etc. either App “could“ be coded to accept any of them. Oddly, as example the DJI site now indicates the M210v1 as only Pilot compatible in current FW version... no longer listing Go4 when current M210v1 manual indicates Go4 as primary app.

Although I do agree that most likely the Zoom camera on the M2ED platform most likely logically & SW interaction will not work... as it hasn’t worked previously; due to SW.

For grins, I’ll once again try it... like a pig testing the electric wire often... just to verify it hasn’t changed.
Certainly worth a try! Keep us posted!

I can't figure out the zoom on my dual. I use the smart Controller and followed instructions with visible and 1080p but can't figure out how to zoom.
Thanks
What does your right hand back wheel do now? The one behind take a picture button on the SC? If that doesn't zoom..try Fn button and then that wheel. Just spit ballin here as I fly a "Zoom" not a M2E.

What does your right hand back wheel do now? The one behind take a picture button on the SC? If that doesn't zoom..try Fn button and then that wheel. Just spit ballin here as I fly a "Zoom" not a M2E.
On my M2E the rt wheel now controls digital zoom.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi