DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Enterprise Dual Camera Zoom In/Out?

On my M2E the rt wheel now controls digital zoom.
It should control your optical first, then engage the digital beyond. I wanted a "E" as it has 2X optical then a 3X digital vice my M2Z which is 2X on both. Does the M2E need to be 1080 30Fps to use digital zoom or does it go to 60FPS as well?

It should control your optical first, then engage the digital beyond. I wanted a "E" as it has 2X optical then a 3X digital vice my M2Z which is 2X on both. Does the M2E need to be 1080 30Fps to use digital zoom or does it go to 60FPS as well?
I guess I confused things a bit. I fly the dual for work and the dual only has optical zoom.

Not to belittle DJI and the M2ED or M2E; I consistently perfer the DJI & 3rd Party Apps! The limitations should hopefully be modified in future SW/FW to provide similar functionality with competition... unless reserved for future model. As example, the main competitor to M2E/M2ED is the EVO 2 Dual, which has ability to swap & use the 6 or 8K standard RGB cameras, and looks like a RTK module is out, but not in USA... yet. If you’ve looked at the EVO2 camera swap, it’s essentially the same as M2 gimbals except for an added retainer plate on top of ribbon micro connector (Needed?) Again, SW limitation not physical Cameras. If Autel added a mechanical camera model for the EVO2, one platform could perform multiple roles: Hi Res 640 thermal, RGB cinematography, RTK Accurate mapping & modeling, Inspections, etc... impressive in sm platform. Like the Matrice, they may use the RTK for stability in magnetic areas too. Their major negative is lacking SW 3rd party App flexibility, that they are working to resolve by making their SDK more available than previously with EVO1.

I would really like to see the M2ED offer a Boson 640 IR camera option... that may be a no-go, it’d take market from Matrice platform.

DJI has the advantage of a dedicated strong User alliance, but that’s normally because they leap-frog competition with new models or current model FW enhancements and Owners wait to see new offerings over Brand jumps. But as competition improves, that may entice & sway.

The M2E/M2ED is great sm platform, but it has a lot more potential.

Agreed. Our department actually went against several recommendations and bought M2EDs instead. They aren't bad, just limited, especially the FLIR camera. The CrystalSky displays we got are outstanding however, they are great in the sun.

Agreed. Our department actually went against several recommendations and bought M2EDs instead. They aren't bad, just limited, especially the FLIR camera. The CrystalSky displays we got are outstanding however, they are great in the sun.
Agreed on CS & Sun! The CS is the unchallenged king of brightness. The UltraBright CS is especially an outstanding screen! Although, an iPad Pro 11" with any shade will suffice and it's graphic performance, CPU and current iOS 14.2 is a great package... I don't get my UBCS out of the case now... won't sell it, hoping it updates Android OS, adds Playstore & improves too! LOL!

The Lepton 3.0 160 IR sensor for a small platform was acceptable for small size package 2 yrs ago, but several are introducing the Boson 320 and 640 in similar payload size & weight... even the 320 is a big improvement. The Lepton got passed up quickly in 1 year's time, I would have thought DJI would have offered a pricey optional gimbal upgrade in boson 640 to maintain competition... since that hasn't occurred, I'm assuming next model M?ED will equalize the playing field. News indicates the Boson 640 will have a Full Radiometric soon, that may be part of M?ED. The massive improvement from M210 to M300 is awesome (except price), makes a XT2 inferior to small platform with Boson 640/RGB package for the price of just the XT2 alone.

All wishes aside, the Mavic 2 core platform I feel is superior to the EVO2 in every other category.
DJI added the Zoom capability, they have more they can easily add to the platform, like RGB mode manual control to allow it to perform roles needing the Zoom & RGB in one platform... the XT2 has normal manual RGB, the M2ED can too. I have a EVO1 and it's fair... overall not up to Mavic 2 or Air2. Although, if the EVO2 RTK module arrives to USA that may be the extra bit to reconsider... and if they fully resolve the sporadic battery fail issue.

Our agency recently purchased a Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual and Smart Controller. So far, very satisfied with the product. However (stupid question), how is the camera zoom controlled? We can't figure it out to save our lives!

Left wheel of the smart controller adjust gimbal angle, right wheel adjusts camera EV setting, two finger pinch the smart controller screen does nothing.

Thanks for helping out an Enterprise Dual noob!
If you update the firmware you will have the zoom option. I only could use it for photo not video, not sure how to do it for video. This firmware is very new.

Our agency recently purchased a Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual and Smart Controller. So far, very satisfied with the product. However (stupid question), how is the camera zoom controlled? We can't figure it out to save our lives!

Left wheel of the smart controller adjust gimbal angle, right wheel adjusts camera EV setting, two finger pinch the smart controller screen does nothing.

DJI has enabled 4x digital zoom with a recent firmware update. You will need to be in 1080p mode for it to activate. You can probably reprogram the right wheel to zoom in/out.

Here are the release notes of the latest firmware update for Enterprise DUAL with digital zoom: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mav...avic_2_Enterprise_Series_Release_Notes_EN.pdf

However, if you are interested in 2x optical + 3x digital zoom - up to 6x to get real close to your subjects - then you could add Enterprise Zoom as well. If interested, I'm selling a new one at a discounted price - I have it in classifieds.

Update the firmware and you will have a 4x Zoom on your right front dial wheel.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54