DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Epic Adventure in the Sangre De Cristo mountains of Colorado EPIC RIDGE TRAVERSE!

That was without a doubt some stunning and startling footage. At some points i thought the idea was to jump , lots of anxiety induced moments , i loved it. What done was that and thanks for sharing . ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain

That's amazing!

Careful reversing footage containing water
71.gif

Are you BANANA's? lol taking selfies with a selfie stick when actually walking that ridge line.

MAGNIFICENT imagery. The flat plane the background provides a wonderful contrast to the 'eruption' of the mountains

Reactions: Micky52 and Dbez1
Are you BANANA's? lol taking selfies with a selfie stick when actually walking that ridge line.

MAGNIFICENT imagery. The flat plane the background provides a wonderful contrast to the 'eruption' of the mountains
Walking on the ridge line period. LOL. Not in a million years. Was getting dizzy and anxious just watching. LOL

There's a full write up on the You Tube description if you would like to know more details!
Hi Karl,
what a masterpiece, my jaw dropped several times watching your incredibly intersting and suspensful video! I am really delighted abour your climbing skills and at 4:59 I almost had a heart-attack ? When you are "walking" along the ridge it looks so scary and I think that one errant step woul be fatal no? You´r a really - in a good sense- crazy man ?
What are the big round greens one can see in the distance?
The panorama is absolutely breathtaking, it´s simply overwhelming ??
I saw many dead trees in the valley...Climate change? Who knows!
I enjoyed it very much to watch you new video, everyting fits, the music and the editing of course!
Thanks for sharing and big Kompliment ???
cheers Paul

Thanks Brothers, I've worked up to this over a LONG lifetime of mountain adventures and extreme sports. I turned 50 today! People often say I'm nuts and they may be right but, at this point, I've lived 2X the amount of "Spectacular life," doing what I love so, I guess it has actually already paid off two fold. . . at least.
The key to it all working out, IMO, is accepting the risk and the fact that the $hit will hit the fan now and then. What you do in that realization moment or split second slip is the difference. ALWAYS planning for and countering a bad situation VS letting it take over and happen. Alway recalculating your actions as situations evolve to arrive at a positive solution vs watching the "accident unfold." Alway having a realistic plan B while being honest with yourself and your abilities, knowing your own limits and staying within them. "Thinking , what will I do if . . . .happens." Some good luck never hurt either, LOL. If I was bananas, I'd be LONG DEAD for sure. Drone was an Air 2
Jack-
One mis-step could be fatal but a solid quick reaction allows for recovery most of the time, when that isn't possible, recognizing it and increasing focus and thoughtfulness is critical. My one injury last season was a sprained ankle on basically flat ground after the toughest part of a climb, may as well have been strolling at the mall!
Climate change allows pine beetles to survive our now warmer winters and they are killing pine forests in Colorado at an alarming pace, makes my heart ache to see it and only encourages more fires and so the spiral continues downwards. I pray men of wealth and power will look beyond their profit margins and save beautiful living world before Mother Nature decides to start over without us. It is easily within our reach if we shift our priorities.

Reactions: Micky52 and rhberg
Again, MIND BLOWING video,,,edge-of-the-seat stuff from that POV cam! Do you ever start up or down a ridge, but have to say "Nope," no good, then retrace your steps and find a different way?

This splendid movie put me in a place to get an understanding of what you go through doing this crazy climb--you are a brave man! This is a beautiful place, and your imaging brings this out really well.

There's a full write up on the You Tube description if you would like to know more details!
This video was truly epic. You had me on the edge of my seat from start to end. You are either very brave, or very foolhardy, but you have certainly captured amazing footage. Walking ridge lines on the edge of death at some times with a slip looks suicidal. That all being said. I really enjoyed the photography, the video, the editing, the music track (so fitting), the scenery, and not the least, the mastery of your climbing abilities. Happy 50 years old!

Dale
Miami

I'm glad you guys enjoy coming along, that was my main goal.
Dave, I do have to bail or at least re route occasionally but usually not, the wealth of route info on the internet affords me the opportunity to do solid research, before heading out but, you never really know and can make mistakes. I've done the route before in the video below and winter added some challenges, I was not sure I would be overcoming as you'll see. I did know what I was getting into it though . . .

Hi Karl,
thank you for the very interesting additional infos ?

This is so true and sad:
I pray men of wealth and power will look beyond their profit margins and save beautiful living world before Mother Nature decides to start over without us. It is easily within our reach if we shift our priorities.

Happy new year and always safe climbing Karl ?

cheers Paul

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos