DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Epic British Columbia - 4K

Feel free to comment, would love to know what you guys think.
Really well shot, edited and graded. You flew over my old house a couple times.

For those wondering about Canadian drone laws, only about half of what's in this video would be considered legally obtained. I'm not saying that to police anyone, or tell people what to do -- far from it. In fact, I've never heard of anyone ever being charged for this kind of flying. Transport Canada doesn't have the resources to police the laws.

But just in case this changes sometime in the future, I wouldnt put my name on it.

Reactions: Yam25
Help from Kamloops. Nic vid! Totally jealous of your video, I’ve been out with two herniated discs and sciatica. I’m just starting to get to the point where I can hike and wheel into place.

Reactions: Pasquale Josepe
Them Mountains bro, Bad ***.
Haha thanks man. And a big thanks to everyone else. You've all shared kind words and it means a lot. I have lots of videos just like that to post every couple weeks. If you'd like to be notified please subscribe to my channel. : )

Last edited:
Reactions: lolo780
What settings did you film with?

My 4K videos play back slightly choppy. Nothing too bad but it definitely doesn't look as smooth as yours.

Great cinematography - horrendous soundtrack pairing. [emoji1303][emoji1319] - [emoji90] (music)

Wow! Great footage and really good editing. You kept each shot to the perfect length, IMO. Well done.

Fantastic film - this takes us away from getting drone footage for the sake of getting drone footage and towards telling a story, so well done.

Could you share your workflow (I.e shooting settings generally, post processes etc.)?

If I had one thing to say - and it would be minor and could be deliberate or just a reflection of my personal preferences - is that the footage looked just a little flatter than it could have been. I love really sharply contrasted and poppy footage. Do you apply LUTs and colour grade? Do you shoot flat ie Dlog or record in a more contrasted colour profile?

From a cinematography perspective - this is awesome. You're lucky to have such picturesque surrounds there. I'm starting to dip into the world of Litchi so I can get cinematography that's near on impossible to get while manually piloting - such as compound shots with direction, heading, altitude and gimbal pitch changes. It's a lot of practice to get good at (which I'm still not, mind you) but the results will hopefully be amazing when I can nail it.

Excellent shooting, watching this made for a relaxing few minutes dreaming of being off away from the daily humdrum

What settings did you film with?

My 4K videos play back slightly choppy. Nothing too bad but it definitely doesn't look as smooth as yours.
When I first got the Mavic I noticed the same thing. The info I found online was that the stock microSD card wasn't fast enough. However, mine came with the Scandisk Extreme 16GB and according to what I found online that was the exact brand everyone was recommending....wtf. Anyways there was no way in hell I was going to climb the top of a mountain only to come home with choppy footage. So I replaced it with a Scandisk Extreme plus 64GB and the problem was solved.

Reactions: Pyrogen
Fantastic film - this takes us away from getting drone footage for the sake of getting drone footage and towards telling a story, so well done.

Could you share your workflow (I.e shooting settings generally, post processes etc.)?

If I had one thing to say - and it would be minor and could be deliberate or just a reflection of my personal preferences - is that the footage looked just a little flatter than it could have been. I love really sharply contrasted and poppy footage. Do you apply LUTs and colour grade? Do you shoot flat ie Dlog or record in a more contrasted colour profile?

From a cinematography perspective - this is awesome. You're lucky to have such picturesque surrounds there. I'm starting to dip into the world of Litchi so I can get cinematography that's near on impossible to get while manually piloting - such as compound shots with direction, heading, altitude and gimbal pitch changes. It's a lot of practice to get good at (which I'm still not, mind you) but the results will hopefully be amazing when I can nail it.

KDog you nailed it, I was telling a story and that's been my intention from the start. You touched my heart man.

I have a lot to share and will be doing a video on my settings as well as what's in my backpack.

You are correct, a higher level of sharpness does look better. Overtime I found my ideal settings, one of which was the workaround for DJI in camera compression. But....this took about 10 hikes/flights to figure out, but it was worth it.

Reactions: KDog

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src1972