DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EPSON Moverio BT-300 Review

I am really liking what I am seeing with these EPSON Moverio BT-300
What I don't like is of course is the $800 price along with the added $36 to add the RC mount.

It they were $650 with EVERYTHING included, I would have them ordered!!!

Glad to see that we are finally getting real options!!!

Has anyone tested these with DJI Go 4?

I am really liking what I am seeing with these EPSON Moverio BT-300
What I don't like is of course is the $800 price along with the added $36 to add the RC mount.

It they were $650 with EVERYTHING included, I would have them ordered!!!

Glad to see that we are finally getting real options!!!
I initially thought that way too, but if you think about the 2 other "high end" glasses (Cinemizer & Glyph) are in the $600ish price range and you have to add another $200 for a NVIDIA Shield in order to use them with a Mavic.

Reactions: ZALEXANDERK
@Luckyco the new firmware is out, so please update your unit. The notable change for you is that you'll no longer have to use the Rotation Locker app w/DJI GO 4.

Reactions: Star Lord
So these are more higher end versions of the fat shark 3s? I have the fat shark 3s from my quadcopter FPV days but I never had considered using them for my Mavic or Phantom. Mainly due to the Fat sharks having such low resolution. These being true HD in 720p make me a lot more interested. SO basically that box you put in the controller is a mini android computer? Are you able to fully control the DJI app using that? Being the app is designed for a touchscreen I am surprised you can control it. I havent been able to find specs on the android device for the BT-300 on the epson website, they list the CPU for the BT-200's but not the 300's??

I notice it does head tracking, does that work with the gimbal on the phantom/mavic with these glasses? That would be kind of cool too.

The Epson glasses really can't be compared to the Fat Shark or any other for that matter. Yes, the box that mounts to the Mavic RC is an Android computer/tablet. It has a built-in track-pad similar to those you find on laptops and that how you navigate to the various menu options. Simply put, the user is viewing the screen through the glasses and using the track-pad to navigate to the desired option. Yes, you can full control the DJI GO app. There is head tracking, but unfortunately there is no functionality to use it with the DJI GO app. I'm sure eventually that someone will create an app for it.

@Luckyco the new firmware is out, so please update your unit. The notable change for you is that you'll no longer have to use the Rotation Locker app w/DJI GO 4.
Thank you, I'm at work and I can make the update tonight ... I received an e-mail from epson this morning:

※This mail is sent to registered developers who use the developer site for the MOVERIO Apps Market.

Thank you for using MOVERIO Apps Market.

A new system update of BT-300 is available from 8th/February/2017.

To use the product correctly, please update to the latest version.

◆◆Updated features◆◆

1. Improved operation when returning from sleep mode

2. Improved sensor accuracy

3. 「Developer Option」 will be shown inside 「Setting」 App

4. Auto change to output audio will not be be activated when the microphone plug is half inserted

5. Other minor revisions like pointer color and character size etc.

◆◆How to update◆◆

1. Confirm that BT-300 battery remaining amount is over 50% and connect the charger

2. Connect BT-300 to WiFi, select 「Settings」 App, and then select in order 「Device information」―「System update」

3. After 「New update available」 is shown, press 「download」, and follow the screen instructions.

4. After update, select 「Settings」 App, and confirm that it is now in latest system by the build number at bottom of 「Device information」 which should be R1.1.0.

Enjoy MOVERIO world!! Thank you.

Reactions: Guido De Spirt
@Anthony,

Here's the last post you sent me in the Phantom P4 thread that more properly belongs in this thread.

===================================================================================
Here's the link to my thread on the Mavic forum: EPSON Moverio BT-300 Review

Also note that the Moverio glasses do NOT use HDMI. it is a self contained Android OS unit.

P4 (SOLD), MAVIC PRO, P4 PRO+, Inspire 2, various FPV 210/240/250 Racers
====================================================================================

If the Moverio Glasses do NOT use the HDMI digital standard what video/audio standard do they use?

Do the Moverio Glasses use an analog standard instead or just a different type of digital standard?

P.S. I'll start reviewing this thread from the beginning and maybe beat you to an answer...;)

LOL...yes it will be clearer from the beginning. Simply stated, the Moverio glasses have an Android OS unit which is controlled by a track-pad. This unit takes the place of a tablet/phone and plugs directly into the USB port on the bottom of the RC, just like your tablet/phone does; thus HDMI port is irrelevant.

Reactions: NevadaFlyer
I am having serious perceptional/comprehension issues with this FPV proposal.

As far as I understand it, it's DJI's app graphics overlaying video feed, overlaying direct view.

How can this not be extremely confusing?

Can you please elaborate?

MK

Reactions: gbracer08
I am having serious perceptional/comprehension issues with this FPV proposal.

As far as I understand it, it's DJI's app graphics overlaying video feed, overlaying direct view.

How can this not be extremely confusing?

Can you please elaborate?

MK
The view is the same as you would see via a tablet/phone or via HDMI googles w/NVIDIA Shield. The difference is that the user can view the drone (VLOS) either through the actual image or around (left/right) the image.

Yes, I get it.

What I don't get is how it is not extremely confusing.

I work with an HUD daily in my plane. I don't think I could do my job properly if, over the graphics-over-real-world sight, additional video was added from a complete different POV.

MK

I guess that I should have prefaced my previous post by stating that the user can elect not to see all of the parameters by performing a 2 finger outward pinch on the track-pad. For me, I don't mind seeing all the parameters (i.e. exposure, battery, etc.). Sounds like to me that flying the Mavic FPV may not be your "cup of tea".

Reactions: ZALEXANDERK
I guess that I should have prefaced my previous post by stating that the user can elect not to see all of the parameters by performing a 2 finger outward pinch on the track-pad. For me, I don't mind seeing all the parameters (i.e. exposure, battery, etc.). Sounds like to me that flying the Mavic FPV may not be your "cup of tea".

No, it actually is, hence my interest in making this clearer, short of trying this solution all by myself (...Something I don't see possible, give the relatively small dimension of my local market...)

I just think people might be blinded by the "novelty" factor of this solution and that it actually has the potential to suddenly become extremely confusing, leading to mishaps.

MK

No, it actually is, hence my interest in making this clearer, short of trying this solution all by myself (...Something I don't see possible, give the relatively small dimension of my local market...)

I just think people might be blinded by the "novelty" factor of this solution and that it actually has the potential to suddenly become extremely confusing, leading to mishaps.

MK
I also fly my Mavic with a NVIDIA (HDMI out) using my Cinemizer goggles (HDMI in) and with that combination the pilot view is everything (i.e. just like having a tablet/phone in front of your face). The difference is that the pilot has no VLOS, thus would have to lift his/her goggles whenever that want to actually view the Mavic. I didn't like that "enclosed" feeling and found myself constantly lifting the Cinemizers onto my forehead. To the best of my knowledge any/all of the options currently available to fly the Mavic via FPV are the same as I described.

I also fly my Mavic with a NVIDIA (HDMI out) using my Cinemizer goggles (HDMI in) and with that combination the pilot view is everything (i.e. just like having a tablet/phone in front of your face). The difference is that the pilot has no VLOS, thus would have to lift his/her goggles whenever that want to actually view the Mavic. I didn't like that "enclosed" feeling and found myself constantly lifting the Cinemizers onto my forehead. To the best of my knowledge any/all of the options currently available to fly the Mavic via FPV are the same as I described.

Yes...and the DJI proposal will be in the same format, which, contrary to the Epson's "video feed with graphics over liveview", I find more logical and safer to use.

I am eagerly waiting for their goggles to see how they integrated things.

MK

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan