DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EPSON Moverio BT-300 Review

Perfect. Stay with the Android 6 on the K1. Dont upgrade. You will be happy with the Glyphs. Plug and play. No mucking around with foreign languages, side loading, map problems and what have you. Picture quality is excellent.

Perfect. Stay with the Android 6 on the K1. Dont upgrade. You will be happy with the Glyphs. Plug and play. No mucking around with foreign languages, side loading, map problems and what have you. Picture quality is excellent.

Well im sure it is a great device but for good use with mavic still requires a bulky holder and unable to make inputs in the sun.
When connected via hdmi, is the "duplicate" of the screen visible ( with the parameters as displayed on the tablet)?

I would have ordered the BT300 for similar reasons like you, but I am not prepared to fork out that much money for an unfinished product. What Epson is doing here is in my personal opinion a bad joke and will not get my money until it plays out of the box. I dont think I ask for too much there.
I just got the Glyphs a few days ago and run them at the moment wireless with a chromecast V2. Bit laggy at times but still great to frame shots correctly or spot other interesting items.
Nice bright picture. Looking straight you have the video, looking up you see the drone, looking down you see the phone/ tablet/RC.
My K1 will arrive just after the Easter holiday and I will have to downgrade it to Android 6. However the K1 like the HDMI Chromecast will show the exact copy on the Glyphs of what is on the screen . Here in subtropical Australia we have a lot of sun and glare. That does not mean I can never see whats on the phone screen though. A bit of shade and its quite ok with full cranked up brightness of the tablet or phone. I dont mind a tablet on the RC. I have a neck strap which holds the whole lot well balanced.
Will be interesting to hear your opinion when you have the chance to compare the Glyphs to the BT300. In about 2 weeks DJI will release finally their goggles as well. Will be interesting to see what they will be like.

Well, i def like the bt300. Yet I am in total agreement with you about Epson joking.
It is a disgrace paying top dollar and still get stuck. They are the one bragging about dji compatibility. Even go4 is in their app store. Still hoping for a solution soon.
A thing that starts irritating me is that it's impossible to adjust the interpupillary distance. I feel more like i have to tweak the res which is always less than what you d have. It s really good but can definitely improve. I can accept the glyph picture being a bit less but it has to be spot-on with the eyes. My daughter (10) will start using these too and she wears glasses. This, along with the pupillar thing makes these a more serious product.
The k1 arrives wednesday. I already modded my remote a bit further (already fitted with panel antenna and booster) Dremeled a bit so it opens wider to fit k1 or other future tablet without trouble. No bracket, i hate the bulkiness (no place in bag anymore if id bring the k1 along).
The size of the glyph is a bit too much but im still happy with the purchase cause it s good with the bebop2 and as media gadget.
When it comes to dji goggles: as long as it's goggles i will not go for it. I NEED to see something and scubagear makes me nervous.
Im a middle-eastern type with beard (lazy, my delicate skin does not like razors). Im afraid someone will go "lucille" on me because people seem to see me as a threat already without drone :(.. people are supposed to call the authorities around here if they spot "suspicious" people operating a drone. Scares me.

Last edited:
So I have been keeping up with this thread and a couple others like it. Has anybody tried the Carl Zeiss Cinemizer T18000259-00 OLED Multimedia Video Glasses yet? I have not, but looking at these cause the issues with the bt-300 and I wear cheater glasses to see things close to me.

yep same here, the picture quality of the Epson is way way better then with the Cinemizer

Andy

Also at that time the quality was impressive. But once I tried the BT-300 I could not see myself using the Sony.
I can understand what you are saying, but it seems with this latest problem it would be better of to get something that functions all the time instead of remembering not to update. I am considering those or the glyphs.

I can understand what you are saying, but it seems with this latest problem it would be better of to get something that functions all the time instead of remembering not to update. I am considering those or the glyphs.

Well if interested then I have a set of Sony in mint condition that has maybe about 2.5 hrs of total usage avail for sale. I was getting ready to put them up on eBay this week.

Reactions: SkyHigh Pryo
"They" will get it fixed.. we try what we can in the meantime, also interesting. Love hobbying ! Happy, frustrated, angry, happy, frustrated, happy, happy, crash, sad , spend money, happy, repeat.

"They" will get it fixed.. we try what we can in the meantime, also interesting. Love hobbying ! Angry, happy, frustrated, happy, happy, crash, sad , spend money, happy, repeat.

The BT 300 are both brilliant and frustrating at the same time...I know the playstore and maps issue is a bummer, but I'm sure in time it will get fixed. Tried a few rooting options today, but still no joy:(
But everyone who has had a look through these glasses whilst I have been flying the Mavic have been wowed by the image you get from them - very impressed!

Reactions: deanbuxton
"They" will get it fixed.. we try what we can in the meantime, also interesting. Love hobbying ! Happy, frustrated, angry, happy, frustrated, happy, happy, crash, sad , spend money, happy, repeat.
I agree the will get itfixed "sometime", just was looking at others options for me. I have 3 drones, so when they doI would get a pair.

So let me get this straight in my head. The Epsons are the most expensive goggles out there but yet you have to done some BS "side mounting" of software to make them work? Am I following all these post right?

So let me get this straight in my head. The Epsons are the most expensive goggles out there but yet you have to done some BS "side mounting" of software to make them work? Am I following all these post right?
I unfortunately can't answer that for you, I'm not sure if you're following these posts right or not?

Ha Ha, I can imagine that in some parts of the world a full beard person with these strange looking Glyphs wrapped around the head and some stranger looking flying machines will cause serious concern :)
If we analyse the whole situation none of the available glasses is " perfect". When the BT 350/400 comes out I expect it to have an Android 5 or 6 unit in it and a higher spec computer which has Playstore installed . We must be able to run Litchi and Go4. Depending for what Drone you order it there should come the appropriate mounting accessory with it. I was not aware that you can not adjust the interpupilliary distance so that would be another point on the list. That I would call a ready to use product and most would not think twice buying it then. What Epson has now is not acceptable as " a drone solution".
I hope your 10 year old daughter will not find the Glyphs too bulky. I tried them with reading glasses and it's ok.
My portable unit is the Mavic with a quite bright Samsung Note 4 or a Xiaomi MiMax which has very interesting properties many are not aware off. Both run both Litchi and Go4, the Xiaomi without having to delete preferences every time you change from Go4 to Litchi under a unique Xiaomi setup. Have a quick attach sunshade for it if needed and it fits all into the small bag with 3 batteries.
It's functional for most occassions, that is what really counts in the end.
Trying to spot Dolphins, Whales and Sharks from high above the ocean the Glyphs/K1 or Chromecast go into action . They are really good enough for it. Not "ideal" but it does the job for me until something really better comes onto the market.
The massive headphones make the Glyphs a bit too bulky for hobby drone flying if I want to talk about a downside.
There are relatively inexpensive video glasses in China on the market. Android 5, Playstore, decent computer specs, adjustable optics. Light in weight.
The shortcoming is the video resolution. That can be changed for a price. I will have a chat to these guys.

Ha Ha, I can imagine that in some parts of the world a full beard person with these strange looking Glyphs wrapped around the head and some stranger looking flying machines will cause serious concern :)
If we analyse the whole situation none of the available glasses is " perfect". When the BT 350/400 comes out I expect it to have an Android 5 or 6 unit in it and a higher spec computer which has Playstore installed . We must be able to run Litchi and Go4. Depending for what Drone you order it there should come the appropriate mounting accessory with it. I was not aware that you can not adjust the interpupilliary distance so that would be another point on the list. That I would call a ready to use product and most would not think twice buying it then. What Epson has now is not acceptable as " a drone solution".
I hope your 10 year old daughter will not find the Glyphs too bulky. I tried them with reading glasses and it's ok.
My portable unit is the Mavic with a quite bright Samsung Note 4 or a Xiaomi MiMax which has very interesting properties many are not aware off. Both run both Litchi and Go4, the Xiaomi without having to delete preferences every time you change from Go4 to Litchi under a unique Xiaomi setup. Have a quick attach sunshade for it if needed and it fits all into the small bag with 3 batteries.
It's functional for most occassions, that is what really counts in the end.
Trying to spot Dolphins, Whales and Sharks from high above the ocean the Glyphs/K1 or Chromecast go into action . They are really good enough for it. Not "ideal" but it does the job for me until something really better comes onto the market.
The massive headphones make the Glyphs a bit too bulky for hobby drone flying if I want to talk about a downside.
There are relatively inexpensive video glasses in China on the market. Android 5, Playstore, decent computer specs, adjustable optics. Light in weight.
The shortcoming is the video resolution. That can be changed for a price. I will have a chat to these guys.

With both glyphs and bt300 now the "wait" is for dji goggles. Since no one is sure how these will look like maybe some research was done and it might not exactly be traditional goggles.
Note: dji specs for the mavic livestream with goggles now are
"720p@60fps、1080p@30fps(DJI Goggles"
I thought that 1080p@60 did not work properly now cause it was reserved for goggles?
Also crystalsky may have hdmi connectivity who knows. Not sure but the glyphs you can wrap around the neck like normal headphones i guess. So no need to put them in a bag. It's a pity the bt300 cable cannot be detached from the glasses. Makes them unfit for external transport and vulnerable.
Myvdaughters drone is everthing except portable, the remote is huge yet pretty cool (google "parrot skycontroller"). The big headphone should be no issue for her.

So...received the Glyphs. Wow these are badass earphones. No K1 still though, still on its way.
I'll keep it short for now: the Glyphs are a nice piece of work and i will try them with the Mavic as soon as i receive and config the K1. However a gut feeling tells me they will go back. Why? First i tried them on the Bebop2 p&p. The picture was horrible but this HAS to be a Parrot thing. Pixellation all over the place and even when the image was as clear as it got, still terrible.
The image size is equivalent to the BT300. Side by side compared a video made by the mavic. The BT300 was not able to play the 4k footage smooth but i did notice it was crisp and very true to what the camera saw, also colorwize. The Glyph off course was smooth since my notebook did the processing but the colors were way too bright, like my ND filters and post-editing were not there. I did play with the brighness setting but whatever i play on it the colors are off. Very sharp though. It is very hard to bring in and land a drone looking into the Glyph when maneuvering around trees and so is required. Looking down on the remote is fine but above and aside is not good. Had to take them off to land safely. After setting up the optics part, looking at the duplicate of my notebook desktop it's very hard to "look" and read the edge area's. Because the interpupillary distance on the BT300 can't be modified this is also an issue yet less pronounced. For now the BT300 still is my prefered setup. Also a lot lighter on the head:)
Not so short after all, T B C.

Reactions: SkyHigh Pryo
MacIak, post: 165199, member: 14978"]So...received the Glyphs. Wow these are badass earphones. No K1 still though, still on its way.

Thanks for the review. Like the way you told it without sugar coating.

[emoji106]

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CorvusWorks