DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EPSON Moverio BT-300 Review

Well.... the answer is in about Epson being Certified. To their luck, it sounds like most everyone including myself doesn't really care about what this means either since these are working great and better than any other solution I could find :)

Dear Unknown,
My marketing group told me that the prelaunch.com Site is not correct. The BT-300FPV edition should be listed as "DJI Compatible," not "DJI Certified."
They were aware of this and had contacted prelaunch.com previously to have the listing corrected. Unfortunately, we do not have control over a third-party Site. They promised to follow up with prelaunch.com again.
Thank you again for your question. I will close this support case. If you have any other questions regarding an Epson product, please feel free to open another case.
Regards,
Mark H.

For those discussing compatibility of the Dji goggle with other programs like Litchi:

I have a Shield K1 tablet I currently use with my Mavic. Is there any reason I could not plug the Dji goggles into the Shield tablet when I need to run a program like Litchi? When I don't need a different program like Litchi, I just forget about using the Shield table altogether and just use the Dji goggles standalone?

If not, then I may end up saving the extra $ to buy the Moviero.

Last edited:
For those discussing compatibility of the Dji goggle with other programs like Litchi:

I have a Shield K1 tablet I currently use with my Mavic. Is there any reason I could not plug the Dji goggles into the Shield tablet when I need to run a program like Litchi? When I don't need a different program like Litchi, I just forget about using the Shield table altogether and just use the Dji goggles standalone?

That should work in general !
However Litchi in Cardboard mode would probably not project right on the DJI Gpasses (as it does also fail on Moverio).
But as a workaround it should work !

Ender

I believe it will work with the DJI Goggles HDMI input. You shouldn't put Litchi in VR mode, but just use the normal interface. Then it should be just a mirror reflection of the Shield screen. That is what I hope to do also. I like the FPV immersion part, but I am really looking for a way to view my screen in sunlight.

You need a screen that works well in the sunlight or get a really good anti-glare cover. It really comes to the filters and glass used. I've got a couple LCDs that you can see crystal clear in direct sunlight, but then I got my phone which you can't see in any natural light even though the MFG says otherwise.

i would switch the BT300s wifi off.
Haven't been here for a few days... I always switch off everything except gps. That is what makes the ability to load maps etc very nice now with the moverio. It can be used stand-alone.
Next i will check the dji site on the goggles, see what those offer. Apart from the lack of a cable i cannot imagine it beats the Mov experience..maybe i will get it and test it. Still open for other suggestions though. I anyone thinks there is another worthy system around i ll be glad to check it out.

Haven't been here for a few days... I always switch off everything except gps. That is what makes the ability to load maps etc very nice now with the moverio. It can be used stand-alone.
Next i will check the dji site on the goggles, see what those offer. Apart from the lack of a cable i cannot imagine it beats the Mov experience..maybe i will get it and test it. Still open for other suggestions though. I anyone thinks there is another worthy system around i ll be glad to check it out.
Its a different beast. The much wider FOV will make you go WOW.
Its just that i fell in love with transluceny AND i want to be able to use other Apps & other drones.
So i'd love a Moverio with double the FOV & HDMI in, that'd be great :)

Ender

yes it is... the Moverio store has 4.0.5 only, if u want 4.0.7 u have to sideload it. But 4.0.3 gave my location accurately only.

You dont need to side load the app. After you download the app from Moverio store it will auto upgrade to 4.0.7 so no issues there

You dont need to side load the app. After you download the app from Moverio store it will auto upgrade to 4.0.7 so no issues there

I noticed that also. Question is, where is that update coming from? From
DJI's servers as if you were downloading the original 4.0.7 version?

I assume there really is no difference between loading the 4.0.7 APK from the web and installing the old version from Epson and then updating it through the app itself.

Does that firmware have the bug probs that the DJI app has also?

Fwiw: I did not notice a single bug in the mov store version.
Back to the dji goggles: they're cheap! Yes and incredibly bulky..huge. Nice gadget to try though. I will not order yet seeing it s again the pre order madness. If they become available locally i will get it and send back if i discover a single gremlin.
The moverio rocks. Will absolutely go for it when 400 series make it to the market if we can still fly drones by then..

Fwiw: I did not notice a single bug in the mov store version.
Back to the dji goggles: they're cheap! Yes and incredibly bulky..huge. Nice gadget to try though. I will not order yet seeing it s again the pre order madness. If they become available locally i will get it and send back if i discover a single gremlin.
The moverio rocks. Will absolutely go for it when 400 series make it to the market if we can still fly drones by then..
Thanks for the update. Have been watching this thread and willend up with a pair. The Dji are nice, but i agrer with what you said on first review/seeing. Be nice to know when the 400 series comes out tho. Lol

Thanks again for that. [emoji106][emoji106]

Does the reception on the Moverios differ from an iPhone? I was out flying today and got several warnings of weak video signal. Is the video signal just fed through the remote controller and not related to what device (iOS or Android) is attached? It is not a path that I have flown before so I have no comparison, but it seemed like the warning happened fairly early. I was only about 3000 ft out with no obstructions (trees, etc) in my way. I was over a residential area though so it may be wireless interference. Any thoughts or similar issues?

Video transmission goes from your Mavic to your remote, then to your device so iOS, Android, whatever has nothing to do with reception excluding any software bugs, poor cables, and the likes but those would likely result in other more pronounced issues.
You simply went 3000ft out over a residential neighborhood......

Reactions: stratos
I assume the answer is no, but here is a question. Is there any way to connect the Moverio touchpad device to a different (from glasses) video monitor? It would be nice to use a monitor when making changes to things at home, instead of having to put on the glasses.

You might be able to use a USB video out however you'd want something like VGA since it would have the least power consumption but even then I don't think the Epson will power another device, I think it would only receive power but perhaps there's not a diode there.

I agree it would be nice to have an alternative view other than the glasses but perhaps that will come in a future model perhaps with HDMI but I think they want to sell the ability to squeeze 6 hours of life out of this. I'm just assuming here though so don't take it too far since we know what the word assume means ;)

you can use 3 Options: Miracast SCreen sharing and airplay sender and an USB2HDMI Adapter.
I tried all 3 and of course USB2HDMI has the least lag but the other Options are also Great.

Ender

Reactions: CopperClub
you can use 3 Options: Miracast SCreen sharing and airplay sender and an USB2HDMI Adapter.
I tried all 3 and of course USB2HDMI has the least lag but the other Options are also Great.

Ender

Hey buddy how does the Usb2hdmi works? You just plugged it in betewewn the remote and the moverio CPU? :)

Hey buddy how does the Usb2hdmi works? You just plugged it in betewewn the remote and the moverio CPU? :)
Hi !
In flight this is not possible as the USB port is used in slave mode and connected to the Mavic remote.
I assumed that Scrain was talking about home use, NOT while piloting.
And at home you can simply use one of the supported USB2HDMI Adapters (+ App) or even simpler but with more lag use a streaming solution.
If you want to mirror to a HDMI device while flying you can get a MiraCast or AirPlay dongle that also supports 5GHz WiFi to NOT interfere with the Mavics 2,4 GHz Connection.
Such as EZCast 5G or EZCast 4k, both support 5GHz Networks and add "only" about 100ms lag.

Greetings,

Ender

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown