DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EPSON Moverio BT-300 Review

Can Moverio owners check their tap to mute function. You go to settings - language and input - and turn on tap to mute. Then two quick taps on the right side of the glasses should turn off the screen. I can't get mine to work and want to know if I should send it back for an exchange

Reactions: lone droner
My tap to mute doesn't work, I haven't tried to figure it out yet. The switch is green in the settings tab.

Ed

Give yourself a good smack on the side of the head....I got it to work once but the force is a smack and it dislodges the glasses....not worth the bruises in my opinion ;)

Hello,

I got my BT-300 last week and did some test flights this week-end. I live in France so I had no choice than to buy the basic version and the dark shade. The first thing I notice is the difficulty to fly without the dark shade. The shade in the package is not dark enough to get a clear image. On the opposite the dark shade is a bit too dark so it is difficult to see the drone and the screen at the same time. At least it requires some times to get accustomed to it. However I do realize that if your drone is 100 m away and you check your phone screen for a moment it is very difficult to find the drone back so I suppose whatever you system is once your drone is 100 m away although you have LOS it is difficult to find your drone. If your drone is closer just watching on the side of the screen or lifting your head and you will see your drone just to check if you are not near obstacles.

The view you have is really nice and I did some low altitude flights close to some trees (not too close) and this is something I would not have done only using the phone screen. You definitly have a much better view than with a phone screen when the sun shines. I didn't have any particular latency, the image was crisp and very visible in sunlight (with the dark shade);

I am wearing glasses so it is a bit cumbersome to wear glasses and the Maverio but since I am farsighted I prefered to fly without glasses and it was allright. My current glasses and the Maverio don't fit very well together. I tried yesterday to fit my old glasses with the Maverio and it was much better, since my new glasses correction is different from the old ones for the short distance vision I shouln't have too much problem with the old ones . Something I need to try.

I was a bit concerned by the lack of map in DJI GO but applied Ender's recipe and I now have the map for France and even the satellite one when I convert my phone into a wifi hotspot so I know exactly where I am. I also noticed than with the map the drone icon is smaller than with the Chinese no map so you have a better view of the area where you are flying.

So in general it is a positive feedback, the only problem I have is the presence of a dust spot on my left screen. I have tried everything but the spot stays there and do not move. It does not show very well on the pictures below but when you watch a film (I also managed to upload Netflix) this is the first thing you see. It is obviously a default for which I will contact EPSON. I am just curious if some of you have had the same problem.

Vincent
2017-05-07 14.49.05.jpg
2017-05-07 14.48.09.jpg

For those pushing back on the Moverio price - I have found another great use for them. I use them as FPV goggles to replace Fatsharks. Just need to buy a 5.8ghz receiver for $30 and it works perfectly.

Jup, doing just that for my other RC stuff. Can be ALSO used with the Parrot Bebop WiFi Copter and some Cheerson micro WiFi Copters.
So multi-use it is for me as well...

Ender

P.S. those 5.8G to USB Adapters can be had as low as $15 from Aliexpress if you are willing to wait a few weeks...

EDIT: Forget that, that has been a special offer it seems, right now i am unable to find them that low and my original seller increased to 26 Euro (which is $30) so he nearly doubled the price.
So i was just lucky... SORRY GUYS !!!

EDIT 2: at least a bit cheaper:
New Arrival Eachine 5.8G OTG FPV Receiver Phone Receiver UVC Capture Card Apm Pix For Android Mobile Phone-in Parts & Accessories from Toys & Hobbies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Last edited:
That is basically what I got too. I spent a little more to have it shipped faster. It works really well with very low latency. I am now going to use the Moverios for all my FPV flying. Tiny Whoop, etc. I don't do a lot of that, but when I can't fly the Mavic that is a nice alternative for inside flying.

Follow up question on the Moverios. I know this was talked about a little earlier in this thread, but does anyone have more recent experience with the Rochester Optical Solitaire Ace? What are your thoughts?

Well we ( @spiderpig & myself) braved the elements today and tested the new Epson Moverio BT-300 (Drone Edition) Smart Glasses, it was 32 degrees with a windchill of 20ish outside.

1st impressions-well-made, high quality and a slick contemporary look. They come packed in a semi-hardshell zipper case and all the components fit easily/neatly inside. Unlike my Cinemizer's case where it takes me 5 minutes to get all the cables precisely packed in order to zipper the case.

The "Drone Edition" will ship w/Phantom/Inspire mount, dark lens shades (not sure about the brand of sunshades) and DJI GO 4.0 App installed (the DJI GO app may be updated by release date). A Mavic mount is available via Moverio Accessories by moverio7 - Shapeways Shops

The Moverios run on an Android OS and navigation around the OS is performed via a built-in track-pad on the controller. The biggest issue I had was using the track-pad, I use an external mouse on my laptops because of my lack of finger control, but that's no reflection on the responsiveness of the track-pad. @spiderpig had no issues using it.

The glasses felt light & comfortable on my face. I am nearsighted and did NOT wear my glasses, though there is an included extended nose bridge which allows the user to wear the Moverio over their glasses. Depending on the users' facial features (i.e. wide, narrow, big nose, etc.) the glasses will be worn differently for each. Meaning further up or down on the bridge of the users nose. Back to me "not wearing my glasses...when looking through the Moverios at the image on the glasses it was like viewing a 40+" television.

The sun was directly over our heads and not a cloud in the sky, thus I opted to mount the included Rochester Optical sunshade to the glasses which takes about 5 seconds to install. A little longer on cold days due to me shivering!

Connected the Moverio controller to the Mavic RC via the USB port and fired both of them up, then turned on the Mavic. Upon takeoff the first thing I noticed was that the sun was NOT a factor at all and purposely flew directly into it. The Moverio image was as crisp as if I were back in my office.

3 minutes into the flight I said "WTF" the latency was at least 20 second if not worse. I did not experience any latency when I bench tested them a day earlier in my office and thought that the cold could have been the issue.

I brought the Mavic in and exited the DJI GO app in order to look at what was running in the background of the Android OS. Sure enough I notice that there were 2 versions of the DJI GO app running. Between my ineptness for the track-pad and shivering, I must have clicked/tapped it twice.

Took off again and there was NO measurable latency whatsoever.

I have a pair of Fatshark Dominator V3 and Cinemizers. Flying with the BT-300 glasses is an entirely different experience. I never enjoyed flying with the totally enclosed style goggles and always found myself lifting them from my face in order to view the attached tablet/phone. Flying with the Moverios is like flying with a semi-transparent tablet right in front of your face.

In conclusion, if you're looking for an option to fly FPV, along with still having VLOS then the Moverios are the ticket. We created a video and @spiderpig will be editing it along with posting it soon. It should also be noted that @spiderpig flew with the Moverios too and he'll surely add his opinion.

Oh and we flew an entire battery for the test.
hello, thanks for . The information, I really enjoy mine. My biggest problem now is installing third-party apps. I wish I could find a video somewhere to help me with that,,, some people have trouble with the remote control trackpad that is,I found one here that is very useful with the BT 300

14943890943301508382597.jpg
Well we ( @spiderpig & myself) braved the elements today and tested the new Epson Moverio BT-300 (Drone Edition) Smart Glasses, it was 32 degrees with a windchill of 20ish outside.

1st impressions-well-made, high quality and a slick contemporary look. They come packed in a semi-hardshell zipper case and all the components fit easily/neatly inside. Unlike my Cinemizer's case where it takes me 5 minutes to get all the cables precisely packed in order to zipper the case.

The "Drone Edition" will ship w/Phantom/Inspire mount, dark lens shades (not sure about the brand of sunshades) and DJI GO 4.0 App installed (the DJI GO app may be updated by release date). A Mavic mount is available via Moverio Accessories by moverio7 - Shapeways Shops

The Moverios run on an Android OS and navigation around the OS is performed via a built-in track-pad on the controller. The biggest issue I had was using the track-pad, I use an external mouse on my laptops because of my lack of finger control, but that's no reflection on the responsiveness of the track-pad. @spiderpig had no issues using it.

The glasses felt light & comfortable on my face. I am nearsighted and did NOT wear my glasses, though there is an included extended nose bridge which allows the user to wear the Moverio over their glasses. Depending on the users' facial features (i.e. wide, narrow, big nose, etc.) the glasses will be worn differently for each. Meaning further up or down on the bridge of the users nose. Back to me "not wearing my glasses...when looking through the Moverios at the image on the glasses it was like viewing a 40+" television.

The sun was directly over our heads and not a cloud in the sky, thus I opted to mount the included Rochester Optical sunshade to the glasses which takes about 5 seconds to install. A little longer on cold days due to me shivering!

Connected the Moverio controller to the Mavic RC via the USB port and fired both of them up, then turned on the Mavic. Upon takeoff the first thing I noticed was that the sun was NOT a factor at all and purposely flew directly into it. The Moverio image was as crisp as if I were back in my office.

3 minutes into the flight I said "WTF" the latency was at least 20 second if not worse. I did not experience any latency when I bench tested them a day earlier in my office and thought that the cold could have been the issue.

I brought the Mavic in and exited the DJI GO app in order to look at what was running in the background of the Android OS. Sure enough I notice that there were 2 versions of the DJI GO app running. Between my ineptness for the track-pad and shivering, I must have clicked/tapped it twice.

I have a pair of Fatshark Dominator V3 and Cinemizers. Flying with the BT-300 glasses is an entirely different experience. I never enjoyed flying with the totally enclosed style goggles and always found myself lifting them from my face in order to view the attached tablet/phone. Flying with the Moverios is like flying with a semi-transparent tablet right in front of your face.

In conclusion, if you're looking for an option to fly FPV, along with still having VLOS then the Moverios are the ticket. We created a video and @spiderpig will be editing it along with posting it soon. It should also be noted that @spiderpig flew with the Moverios too and he'll surely add his opinion.

here is a remote control I think people would love to use instead of the tracks ..

you must be very brave the brave those elements, here is a remote control. I think people would love to use instead of The trackpad

View attachment 12552

here is a remote control I think people would love to use instead of the

Ok, I need help. I updated the Go4 app and now all it does is crash. I tried force stopping the original Go app that's still on the BTs, as well as clearing the cache and data for the Go4 app, and even uninstalling and reinstalling the Go4 app. Nothing works. All it does is crash. Anyone have any ideas? Anyone else seeing this issue?

Follow up question on the Moverios. I know this was talked about a little earlier in this thread, but does anyone have more recent experience with the Rochester Optical Solitaire Ace? What are your thoughts?
Hello,

I got my BT-300 last week and did some test flights this week-end. I live in France so I had no choice than to buy the basic version and the dark shade. The first thing I notice is the difficulty to fly without the dark shade. The shade in the package is not dark enough to get a clear image. On the opposite the dark shade is a bit too dark so it is difficult to see the drone and the screen at the same time. At least it requires some times to get accustomed to it. However I do realize that if your drone is 100 m away and you check your phone screen for a moment it is very difficult to find the drone back so I suppose whatever you system is once your drone is 100 m away although you have LOS it is difficult to find your drone. If your drone is closer just watching on the side of the screen or lifting your head and you will see your drone just to check if you are not near obstacles.

The view you have is really nice and I did some low altitude flights close to some trees (not too close) and this is something I would not have done only using the phone screen. You definitly have a much better view than with a phone screen when the sun shines. I didn't have any particular latency, the image was crisp and very visible in sunlight (with the dark shade);

I am wearing glasses so it is a bit cumbersome to wear glasses and the Maverio but since I am farsighted I prefered to fly without glasses and it was allright. My current glasses and the Maverio don't fit very well together. I tried yesterday to fit my old glasses with the Maverio and it was much better, since my new glasses correction is different from the old ones for the short distance vision I shouln't have too much problem with the old ones . Something I need to try.

I was a bit concerned by the lack of map in DJI GO but applied Ender's recipe and I now have the map for France and even the satellite one when I convert my phone into a wifi hotspot so I know exactly where I am. I also noticed than with the map the drone icon is smaller than with the Chinese no map so you have a better view of the area where you are flying.

So in general it is a positive feedback, the only problem I have is the presence of a dust spot on my left screen. I have tried everything but the spot stays there and do not move. It does not show very well on the pictures below but when you watch a film (I also managed to upload Netflix) this is the first thing you see. It is obviously a default for which I will contact EPSON. I am just curious if some of you have had the same problem.

Vincent
View attachment 12429
View attachment 12430
glad to hear you're happy with these. How have they been since you have posted this

Many thanks to you all who had provided so much feedback regarding the decisions for choosing between the DJI goggles and Moverio BT-300. You guys are awesome! Looks like I will pull the trigger on the BT300. Right now I see the drone version is available both on Amazon and BH Photos & Videos. So one more thing to clarify: Does the drone version comes with the Rochester shade? And just in case that I found the BT-300 is not to my liking and wish to return, which seller should I choose?
hey lone Wolf, this is the lone droner... I bought mine I love him. I'm just trying to install third-party apps now.. what have you decided on ??

Last edited:
Ok, I need help. I updated the Go4 app and now all it does is crash. I tried force stopping the original Go app that's still on the BTs, as well as clearing the cache and data for the Go4 app, and even uninstalling and reinstalling the Go4 app. Nothing works. All it does is crash. Anyone have any ideas? Anyone else seeing this issue?
Maybe your cable is bad. Try lower port on the remote with decent cable if not done already. Or factory reset on the mov, then everything fresh. Install the go4 from the mov store after that.
I do not understand why everyone keeps updating stuff when current setup works.
Dji has proven that firmware and app updates are unstable. Just get a working setup and stick with it. My Mav (the Creep) is still on fw .0200, it will probably reach EOL with that.

Reactions: Flycaster
Where did you buy it and how do you hook it up
My experience may be a bit different than others but here is what I did.
Bought the Gold Model 5.8G FPV OTG Receiver. It was under $30, but you can find them slightly cheaper if you look around. Here is the link - Gold Model 5.8G 150-channel OTG FPV Receiver Engine-26.37 Online Shopping| GearBest.com
Download and sideload the Easycap & UVC Player - Easycap & UVC Player(FPViewer) APK Download - Free Video Players & Editors APP for Android | APKPure.com
Make sure the micro USB plug has the arrow pointing to the receiver not the Moverio.
Plug it in and launch the app. Hold down the small button on the receiver to scan channels and it is done.
I tried using other apps (Go FPV, etc) but for me the Easycap one worked perfectly. It does have some frustrating ads, but it is free.

My experience may be a bit different than others but here is what I did.
Bought the Gold Model 5.8G FPV OTG Receiver. It was under $30, but you can find them slightly cheaper if you look around. Here is the link - Gold Model 5.8G 150-channel OTG FPV Receiver Engine-26.37 Online Shopping| GearBest.com
Download and sideload the Easycap & UVC Player - Easycap & UVC Player(FPViewer) APK Download - Free Video Players & Editors APP for Android | APKPure.com
Make sure the micro USB plug has the arrow pointing to the receiver not the Moverio.
Plug it in and launch the app. Hold down the small button on the receiver to scan channels and it is done.
I tried using other apps (Go FPV, etc) but for me the Easycap one worked perfectly. It does have some frustrating ads, but it is free.
I am using FPViewer which also works fine and can do cardboard frame doubling if you use it for your smartphone.

Greetings,

Ender

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_