DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Erratic flight when maximum file size reached

Jayfdee

Reactions
When recording in 4K, you can rapidly reach the maximum file size on the SD card, what should happen is a new file should start, but you will lose a few frames.
My last 2 flights, I have reached max file size, and then the MP becomes uncontrollable for 3-4 secs, and no new file is started. It is very unnerving as the screen shows the craft swaying violently. It does not record this violent bit of the flight, but the trace from Airdata shows it quite clearly. The attached image shows what happened as I was on a straight line course for home.
Anyone else experienced this.
upload_2018-3-26_18-20-50.jpeg
The wobbly bit is where the MP veered sharply towards the houses. I was at 100ft so very safe.

Try shooting at 2.7K vs 4K, you won’t get the aliasing with dense foliage at 2.7K that you get with 4K (which is a good thing), and most 4K TVs with HDR will automatically upscale the video to near perfect 4K. This will give you twice the memory space. Give it a shot at least and let me know if this helps at all. Strange side effect nonetheless.

Are you sure this wasn't wifi interference from that house that you passed quite closely? I have never heard that any drone would issue control commands on its own just because the camera has to start a new file. The camera has nothing to do with the flight controller. It would fly without camera just as well.

I recently had a lot of interference doing an inspection flight at 150 feet distance from a factory. Many Wifi routers easily reach 1000 feet nowadays.

Rather think you had a video freeze and the trajectory was a result of your action on the sticks due to not seeing feedback.

BTW correct behavior is to create a new file but there are no lost frames.

Rather think you had a video freeze and the trajectory was a result of your action on the sticks due to not seeing feedback.

BTW correct behavior is to create a new file but there are no lost frames.
Could be. But since OP says he still had video but lost control for a few seconds, my thought was interference.

I have had this behaviour twice now, in different locations. The new file was not created, also the red indicator for video recording switched to white for photos.
I live very nearby and often fly along the front of the houses and have never had interference before.
Thanks for all the suggestions, think I will drop back to 2.7K and avoid the new file situation.
When i join 2 files from a continuous flight, I always notice a slight flicker at the join, hence my lost frame comment.

If you could upload your flight logs of those flights, there are these great guys here can help out to find the real issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Duhr