DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Error (caching problem) when trying to do screen recording

ff22

Reactions
I get an error message when I attempt to start Screen Recording:

"Local footage caching has stopped due to insufficient mobile device storage space. Please free up local storage space and retry."

I have more than sufficient space both Internally and on an SD-Card. Although, I will admit that I might be running into problems since I'm using an SD-Card that may be too big. It was an accidental purchase but has been working to store videos and photos while in the Smart Controller.

Here are image captures of the error and of the available storage space.

Screen Recording error.jpgStorage Space.jpg

I get an error message when I attempt to start Screen Recording:

"Local footage caching has stopped due to insufficient mobile device storage space. Please free up local storage space and retry."

I have more than sufficient space both Internally and on an SD-Card. Although, I will admit that I might be running into problems since I'm using an SD-Card that may be too big. It was an accidental purchase but has been working to store videos and photos while in the Smart Controller.

Here are image captures of the error and of the available storage space.

View attachment 69999View attachment 70000
It’s possible that it just can’t write too videos to the same card at the same time. Try freeing up internal storage and see if that works.

Android devices can typically not record both the screen and the video cache at the same time. So if you want to screen record either ignore that message or disable video cache.

Wow good to know it can accept 400GB cards. :)

Well, maybe NOT?? Maybe the larger card causes write or buffering issues that might be contributing to my problem. Although, I suspect that Brett and Kilrah might be correct - that maybe Android or the SC version cannot handle two recording processes at the same time.

To follow through, I will probably swap to a smaller "legal" sized card. But will also tweak off caching.

OH, WAIT, re-reading the warning - maybe screen recording is working but local caching of photos/video has been stopped? I had not initially read it that way - rather I thought screen recording was not working. While I've seen the message at other times, this was in my den when I decided to see if there were any firmware or software upgrades then remembered that message and wanted to capture the message so I tried turning on Screen Recording. More testing is in order.

THANKS for the replies.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada