DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Error Message-WiFi network not available......

Macwhitey

Reactions
Hello All,
I have about 10 Mavic Pro flights under my belt, all from the same open area park with no issues. I got this error message the last two times I tried to fly. "WiFi Network not available. Loading satellite map requires more cellular data." I've waited for the message to go away but it doesn't and it's a wasted trip to the park.

Does anyone recognize the message and can offer a suggestion to fix.

If you are using your remote controller (not your phone) to connect then you do not need a WiFi connection or the maps to fly. I fly with my tablet in airplane mode so there is no outside connection besides GPS. Post more details on your setup to get more detailed help.

Thanks for the quick responses.
I use my Iphone 7 attached to the RC while flying but have never switched to airplane mode. Should I? Could that be the reason for the Error Message?

The MP has always been set to RC.

I haven't changed any settings from the previous 10 successful flights. It seems strange the it just started without changing anything. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Wifi is only required for syncing with DJI account for flight records or the maps.
Maybe you tapped on the app bringing up another screen that required the data connection?
Shouldn't be anything to worry about.
If that's what you mean?

Double check that switch. It looks like you can easily accidentally bump it when exchanging SD card.

This message is warning you that to connect to DJI you will be using cellular data rather than Wi-Fi. I’ve found that my iPad mini4 doesn’t cache maps even for a place flown regularly and get the same message. If you want maps say yes, if you can fly without maps, cancel and go fly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu