DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Errors attempt to update to v01.00.0820 SC software.

I'm still having issues updating with DJI Assistant 2 on Windows; it never sees my SC.
  • I'm using the latest version of the app
  • I've tried different USB-C cables and USB ports
  • Connected it while the SC was powered-on and booted cold and with the app running and not running
  • All the above after a factory reset with wifi disabled and no SD card installed
I dread seeing DJI firmware updates because it's the same crap every time with them. They can design an amazing drone but can put out a firmware update that simply installs.
I spoke to DJI today and finally successfully updated my smart controller....and man was that a pain in the ***! So basically long story short is they appear to be having server issues on their end and it’s being escalated to the engineers I guess. Super sloppy once again. Literally it’s a roll of the dice like buying a new Apple iPhone the minute it becomes available online...just thankful it finally went through about about 20 attempts literally.

Reactions: Orbo and mr.bill
I found a solution that avoids resetting back to factory defaults (it worked just now on my SC which had been stuck upgrading). If you're like me and initially tried to download via Wi-Fi, you'll need to remove the 4GB file that's likely filling up your memory, preventing the install and then use the computer-connect method.
1. In the SC pull down the home screen and select the gear in the upper right
2. Go to "Storage" and select the "Internal shared storage" (mine was using over 10GB of the 11GB of memory which was the problem)
* For the steps below, I'm going off of memory because I already deleted the file
3. Go to the "Other" folder and select "Explore" (mine made me do this step twice)
4. I believe it was in the rm500 folder, where I found a 4GB file that ended in ".sig" which I deleted (a file that size must be the new firmware package downloaded via Wi-Fi)
5. On your computer, install the latest version of DJI Assist 2 (not sure this is necessary, but I did this and my firmware updated)
6. Launch DJI Assist 2 and go through the process to upgrade the firmware. When I connect my SC with a USB-C connector to my PC, I get messages telling/asking me things...I just ignored them and didn't touch the SC and the upgrade went perfectly. It took 10-15 minutes in total.

Worked.. Thanks buddy ?️

Had a suspicion a few would have problems with this

The best way I found to fix a smart controller stuck at 99% for the version V01.00.0820 and this should work for most smart controller upgrades.
I gather quite a few people are trying to upgrade their controllers to take advantage of Mavic Air 2 Support and getting stuck at 99%.
Firstly don’t try and use WIFI to upgrade as it will take ages.

What you will need is as follows:
  1. 1. Drone – Mavic Pro/ Air etc.
  2. 2. Smart Controller fully charged. (Essential, though the controller will change while connected but at a much slower rate)
  3. 3. USB C Drone to Laptop/ PC cable.
  4. 4. Internet connection.
  5. 5. Patience as this takes a long time to complete.
Enough for what you should have to hand, next:

Turn on the controller and navigate to Settings>System Update, it should let you know what version you are at and whether you require an upgrade.
Check the Storage capacity if there is less that 4Gb of storage then either transfer all your data off the controller or my preference is transferring all data off the controller and Factory Resetting it.
As you don’t have to use the Wi-Fi or DJI GO4 leave these until after the upgrade has been completed.
Remove any SD Cards as well.
If you have Version 1.2.4 (Mac) or 1.2.5 (Win) remove these versions from your Laptop/ PC.
Go to the DJI Software download site, link below

DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic- DJI Download Center- DJI

From the left-hand menu select the appropriate program, download and install the Assistant program.
e.g. for a Mavic 2, Mini, Air 2, 2 Pro or Zoom it will most likely be a DJI assistant for Mavic

Once installed log into the program.

Plug the cable into the controller and PC before powering it up.

You may notice the controller not showing up. I have found that unplugging and plugging the cable back should cure this problem.

You will see the Smart Controller come up, click and click on the upgrade button.

It will go through the following steps

Downloading
Transmitting
Updating
(if the upgrade fails at the updating or transmitting phase it could very well mean insufficient storage)

The Controller screen should be blank at these steps. And it might beep at you.
When it reached 98% the screen should power on.

Things you should be aware:

Cable being unplugged and then reattached as for some reason it may not show up.
The Storage – You must have enough storage for this to work.
Remove the SD Card in case it sets this to the default.
Hopefully this should help with most of the problems of upgrades.
Optional you can set the sleep to 30 minutes

Hope this helps

Reactions: ff22
Try removing microSD card and repeat process without the card installed.
Thanks for this tip! What a pain in the butt upgrading is ... I wish DJI would make upgrades easier. after about 8 tries, I read your tip -- perfect!

Thanks for this tip! What a pain in the butt upgrading is ... I wish DJI would make upgrades easier. after about 8 tries, I read your tip -- perfect!
Noone said dji make things easy. But it took me quite a while to run through the process l went through. Not to say this is the definitive version always room for improvement

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett