DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Errors attempt to update to v01.00.0820 SC software.

I glad worked for you !!

Last edited:
When I eventually got mine to up date I noticed the 97-99% is when the update loads the data to the device and at 99% is when it reboots the SC. Don’t know if this will help you.....

Love the Mavic 2 Pro and the smart controller but DJI upgrades are the worst !!! I, like you all spent all afternoon trying to do the upgrade and had a lot of trouble!! I tried everything!!! EXCEPT turning off WiFi! After taking a break and reading these posts (thanks Zeus) finally got it to finish !!!
DJI should have partnered with Apple !!
these upgrades are gonna give me a heart attack!! ?

Reactions: zeusfl
Wow, thanks everyone for all the tips and telling me to keep trying. It seems it took nearly 24 hours and quite a few tries but we are GO. I had to do all of them but finally, it clicked and I am all set. Will try both M2P and MA2 tomorrow and see how it goes. Mine was stopping at 99% (and took forever to get there) and then it said retry. The FlytPath guy had the same error. So I set the screen/sleep to 30 mins, turned off WiFi, factory reset, used the DJI Assistant... the whole shebang. Was able to get both paired. Finally. This will be great if I can use the controller for both birds.

Last edited:
For me it failed twice attempting to use DJI Assistant.
Tried unplugging at letting the SC update itself... Now it gets INSUFFICIENT MEMORY error. I have NO MEDIA stored internally! I also have a large empty SD card.

It worked for me when using DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic.
This is so great, 4x zoom with the right-wheel, and it works with the goggles and hdmi. Not via wireless (might be possible) and no gimbal manipulation but the smooth 4x zoom weighs up for it, just fantastic.

Next question: When I wanted to switch between drones I had to turn on WiFi, go online and type in my user name and password. Is this a one-time thing or do you have to do this every time (I hope not). I was flying the M2P and then when I used up those batteries I wanted to use the MA2 and I could only get full functionality but going online, which was a pain as I was at a beach. I managed to use my phone as a hotspot but I hope I don't have to do this when I want to switch every time. Any experiences?

Login in to the DJI account is a one time event only. You will switch aircraft by going to Settings / Aircraft management / and select the aircraft. Turn the aircraft ON and if is not connected yet will have yellow blinking lights. Once you select the correct aircraft will say switching and once connect, the aircraft will make a beeping noises and the lights will turn green.

Login in to the DJI account is a one time event only. You will switch aircraft by going to Settings / Aircraft management / and select the aircraft. Turn the aircraft ON and if is not connected yet will have yellow blinking lights. Once you select the correct aircraft will say switching and once connect, the aircraft will make a beeping noises and the lights will turn green.
Oh that's great news. I am charging up everything right now and I used up 6 batteries yesterday and had the controller down to one light. I'll give it a shot later this afternoon. I did link up both birds in the house when I uploaded the update. But then out in the field it also wanted me to pair each bird again, so I had to use the personal hotspot. The drones show on the controller but switching them required going online. Thank you for the feedback. I will try it.

I found a solution that avoids resetting back to factory defaults (it worked just now on my SC which had been stuck upgrading). If you're like me and initially tried to download via Wi-Fi, you'll need to remove the 4GB file that's likely filling up your memory, preventing the install and then use the computer-connect method.
1. In the SC pull down the home screen and select the gear in the upper right
2. Go to "Storage" and select the "Internal shared storage" (mine was using over 10GB of the 11GB of memory which was the problem)
* For the steps below, I'm going off of memory because I already deleted the file
3. Go to the "Other" folder and select "Explore" (mine made me do this step twice)
4. I believe it was in the rm500 folder, where I found a 4GB file that ended in ".sig" which I deleted (a file that size must be the new firmware package downloaded via Wi-Fi)
5. On your computer, install the latest version of DJI Assist 2 (not sure this is necessary, but I did this and my firmware updated)
6. Launch DJI Assist 2 and go through the process to upgrade the firmware. When I connect my SC with a USB-C connector to my PC, I get messages telling/asking me things...I just ignored them and didn't touch the SC and the upgrade went perfectly. It took 10-15 minutes in total.

Reactions: Orbo
I found a solution that avoids resetting back to factory defaults (it worked just now on my SC which had been stuck upgrading). If you're like me and initially tried to download via Wi-Fi, you'll need to remove the 4GB file that's likely filling up your memory, preventing the install and then use the computer-connect method.
1. In the SC pull down the home screen and select the gear in the upper right
2. Go to "Storage" and select the "Internal shared storage" (mine was using over 10GB of the 11GB of memory which was the problem)
* For the steps below, I'm going off of memory because I already deleted the file
3. Go to the "Other" folder and select "Explore" (mine made me do this step twice)
4. I believe it was in the rm500 folder, where I found a 4GB file that ended in ".sig" which I deleted (a file that size must be the new firmware package downloaded via Wi-Fi)
5. On your computer, install the latest version of DJI Assist 2 (not sure this is necessary, but I did this and my firmware updated)
6. Launch DJI Assist 2 and go through the process to upgrade the firmware. When I connect my SC with a USB-C connector to my PC, I get messages telling/asking me things...I just ignored them and didn't touch the SC and the upgrade went perfectly. It took 10-15 minutes in total.
I had the same problem with the previous update (V01.00.0700) This solution worked then.

Full ack on this. I tried a couple of times, then received the dreaded "insufficient memory" notification. When asked to "clear", confirm, maneuver to the rm500 folder and kick the incompleted downloads (each close to 3gig) into trash. Used the DJIAssistant afterwards, worked like a charm

Updated with no issues - took 25 min.
Nice to have an update work for a change.
1) turn on SC, change screen timeout to 30 min (swipe down from top and click the settings gear icon)
2) start Assistant 2 on computer
3) plug USB C into controller, then attach to computer
4) Assistant will recognize controller, click it then click on update
5) it will download the file, then start the update
6) it will pause briefly at 16% (per usual) then will pause longer at 98% while it reboots 4 times
7) after the 4th boot, Assistant will say 100%

Same issue for me.
Factory reset screen timeout max.
Then via the computer with the latest version of Assistant 2 performd the update.
Everything good now.

Reactions: TheRock
1) turn on SC, change screen timeout to 30 min (swipe down from top and click the settings gear icon)
6) it will pause briefly at 16% (per usual) then will pause longer at 98% while it reboots 4 times
Ya, I know all that now, but I learned the hard way. It took many hours to figure this out by observation and trial and error. Wish I had known this. All the research I did just said to use Assistant 2. That's not enough information. The very long pause at 16% got me real worried. Who would have thought the timeout would stop the update - stupid. At least DJI should let you know about these things you have to do to update. I just bought the SC, so this was my first update.

Love the Mavic 2 Pro and the smart controller but DJI upgrades are the worst !!! I, like you all spent all afternoon trying to do the upgrade and had a lot of trouble!! I tried everything!!! EXCEPT turning off WiFi! After taking a break and reading these posts (thanks Zeus) finally got it to finish !!!
Zues is always the man!

That is how mine went as well, no issue..Plug and play update. But to be honest on #3, I did that one backwards, I had my cord in computer then plugged it into controller ;) I never had to reset to clear memory as a Android user I know to clear cache to regain memory and am always running routine maintenance of all my devices to ensure optimum performance. After update I am showing 5.3 Gig free internal...but I have yet to go in again and check if it left any files..maybe next month. :)

They should not get away with **** like this in my opinion. Just like the Mavic Air 2 hub battery issue super sloppy and lame on their end! I just spent $2500 on a new smart controller and Mavic 2 Pro and have Mavic Air 2 and this smart controller update failing is my first experience?! So lame DJI! It still isn’t working for me. Failed mission so far.

Ya, I know all that now, but I learned the hard way. It took many hours to figure this out by observation and trial and error. Wish I had known this. All the research I did just said to use Assistant 2. That's not enough information. The very long pause at 16% got me real worried. Who would have thought the timeout would stop the update - stupid. At least DJI should let you know about these things you have to do to update. I just bought the SC, so this was my first update.
Pretty quick to say DJI sucks after all the issues everyone has to deal with spending good money with them...super unacceptable!

I'm still having issues updating with DJI Assistant 2 on Windows; it never sees my SC.
  • I'm using the latest version of the app
  • I've tried different USB-C cables and USB ports
  • Connected it while the SC was powered-on and booted cold and with the app running and not running
  • All the above after a factory reset with wifi disabled and no SD card installed
I dread seeing DJI firmware updates because it's the same crap every time with them. They can design an amazing drone but can put out a firmware update that simply installs.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf