DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ESC Motor differences between Mavic Pro and MP Platinum

fileophile

Reactions
I had a crash and the front left arm of my Mavic Pro Platinum needs replacement. I have a replacement arm, but it is from a Mavic Pro. Will there be any problems in using the older design arm with the MPP? Or is it only the ESC firmware that is different ?

Nobody knows if the motors are the same model. Why not buy the arm/motor for the MPP? Doesnt make sense to take a chance on shorting out your FC board on a $1200 drone.

I can buy the MPP arm -- but since I had a Pro arm I thought it would make sense to use it IF it would work. I see alot of sites online selling a "MPP arm" but it is painted the darker grey of a Mavic Pro -- so I was assuming they are the same thing (other than color).

How would the MP arm short out the FC board? The arm is not generating any electric power. And all the wires from it go to the same spots on both the Mavi and MPP drones. I was thinking the MP motor may be louder, that is all.

Reactions: Former Member
I can buy the MPP arm -- but since I had a Pro arm I thought it would make sense to use it IF it would work.

Aside from the possible electrical current differences, dont you think that one MP arm on an MPP will look a little strange?

How would the MP arm short out the FC board?

The MPP motor could have a different amp draw than the MP since the ESC driving it is completely different. The MPP motors have more grunt designed for the higher pitched low noise props. If you have one motor drawing fractionally more than the other 3, you could get a brownout on the 3 remaining motors, or it could potentially send an error message back to the ESC board about an overload .

I think it's best left to let someone else be your guinea pig, and use what was designed for your drone.

I see alot of sites online selling a "MPP arm" but it is painted the darker grey of a Mavic Pro

They are either selling an MP arm and calling it an MPP part, their picture could be wrong, or it could be a copy. Best get it from a known DJI source.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kesiganes