DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 Estate in the wood

Sorry to say but I think this sort of flying is lunacy and inviting further restrictive legislation. If you want to fly obstacle courses do it in area well away from uninvolved people.

Reactions: Nanny Ogg
Sorry to say but I think this sort of flying is lunacy and inviting further restrictive legislation. If you want to fly obstacle courses do it in area well away from uninvolved people.
I would agree with this sentiment, but the Avana enthusiasts seem to thrive on this kind of flying. While viewing this entire video I felt like a suicide pilot nearly missing buildings, and other structures. Not for the faint of heart.
Dale

I would agree with this sentiment, but the Avana enthusiasts seem to thrive on this kind of flying. While viewing this entire video I felt like a suicide pilot nearly missing buildings, and other structures. Not for the faint of heart.
Dale
Thanks for the support Dale but I am more concerned about the drone being flown through the areas shown when there are uninvolved people about.
If the drone crashes into a building and is lost or destroyed then that is the pilot's look out. If it hits a building and then someone or a moving vehicle or hits either of the latter two directly then that's deep deep trouble.
Avata blades may be protected but I wouldn't fancy a direct strike from an FPV's prop blade, they spin at very high rpm, I think I have seen 20,000rpm in an FPV DAT.

There are things I liked about your video and things that I didn't. I agree with the others that your flight was dangerously flown around people and structures.

Reactions: sarahb
Looks fine to me. Far from lunacy. He has flown it quite carefully.

Maybe...have you ever been to Hong Kong? If so, then I find it hard to understand why you think it lunacy? Especially in Sha Tin....
The reason is simple, flying near uninvolved people is, in my opinion, a dangerous game. That applies everywhere, not just in Hong Kong or whereever. It was the fact that the drone flew near uninvolved people that concerns me.
Things can go wrong, props break, drone crash and startled people may react in unexpected ways.
It simply isn't worth the risk in my opinion.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j.bosco