DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EU Drone Operator Registration - Simple & Quick

I don't know about FPVUK, but BMFA's insurance says it covers short, occasional trips outside the UK within Europe too. Remember the insurance covers you, the member, not the drone as such. The operator ID you go through FPVUK should be from the CAA (through the Article 16 Exemption FPVUK and BMFA have), not specific to FPVUK as such I would have thought (the one I got through BMFA shows up on the CAA website for example).

I reckon putting both IDs on the drone is a good solution - it should be easy to tell that the one that starts 'GB' is only valid in Great Britain. I might reprint my labels with an EU flag and a UK flag next to the numbers :)

I don't know about FPVUK, but BMFA's insurance says it covers short, occasional trips outside the UK within Europe too. Remember the insurance covers you, the member, not the drone as such. The operator ID you go through FPVUK should be from the CAA (through the Article 16 Exemption FPVUK and BMFA have), not specific to FPVUK as such I would have thought (the one I got through BMFA shows up on the CAA website for example).

I reckon putting both IDs on the drone is a good solution - it should be easy to tell that the one that starts 'GB' is only valid in Great Britain. I might reprint my labels with an EU flag and a UK flag next to the numbers :)
Thanks for quick reply. My Operator ID form FPVUK is CAA ref number starting: GBR-OP-(12 characters). I think you are right that the insurance is part of the membership that I am paying annually, which it said:
  • UK residents are covered anywhere in the UK + Channel Islands + Isle of Man + EU + Norway + Switzerland
  • Every member is covered by £5m public liability insurance.
I will also put both IDs like you say!! Thanks.

I am quite surprise that I had to pay for the test then when I had to register for operator registration ID, there was another 30e. But, what I am confused is that I have FPVUK's operator ID and Flyer ID, which comes with 5 million EU wide insurance but if I have to use same UK drone in EU with different ID number, what happens to the insurance cover of FPVUK? Does anyone know please?
  • Every member is covered by £5m public liability insurance.
  • UK residents are covered anywhere in the UK + Channel Islands + Isle of Man + EU + Norway + Switzerland.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78