DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EV lock removed for Auto Video settings in DJI Fly 1.4.0?

Chris Baish

Reactions
I've just updated to the new Fly App 1.4.0 (Android) where DJI have clearly been tinkering with the UI for camera settings. When filming video I used to use 'auto' mode but adjust the EV value and then lock it to get the right exposure. A 'semi manual' solution if you like. I also had 'lock EV' set to the function button. However, unless I've missed it, the only way you seem to be able to lock settings now is to use full manual controls. Even though you can adjust the EV in auto mode, it doesn't stay locked and the function button no longer locks it either. Anyone found a solution? Bit frustrating as I liked this feature. Hopefully just a glitch that will get fixed, as the option to customise the function button with 'lock EV' still exists within the app.

I found the same thing with the recent update on my SC. I agree, this was a nice function. Not sure whey it would be removed.

Reactions: Chris Baish
I found the same thing with the recent update on my SC. I agree, this was a nice function. Not sure whey it would be removed.
I was hoping you were going to tell me I was being stupid and I'd missed something obvious. Hope they reintroduce it soon. Typical DJI... They give with one hand and take away with another...

FYI: several new videos on YouTube addressing this.
Summary: no more visible icon for current setting. On iPhone: tap center screen to get yellow brackets, then long tap to lock/unlock. On Android: go back to home screen, then return to fly screen to see the yellow brackets, long tap as above to switch. Workaround: map the Fn button (click or double-click) to AE lock/unlock - no visual feedback, you do it blind.

Reactions: Bruchpilot
Summary: no more visible icon for current setting. On iPhone: tap center screen to get yellow brackets, then long tap to lock/unlock. On Android: go back to home screen, then return to fly screen to see the yellow brackets, long tap as above to switch. Workaround: map the Fn button (click or double-click) to AE lock/unlock - no visual feedback, you do it blind.
Thank you for that summary - good to see there is a solution. Hopefully they'll make it a bit more intuitive in a future update.

On Android only if you go back to home screen you will be able to see the yellow brackets. Otherwise it's all in blind. This is so annoying. I want to write to Dji to change this but i don't know where. Maybe someone makes an official request to Dji in order to change this.

I've just updated to the new Fly App 1.4.0 (Android) where DJI have clearly been tinkering with the UI for camera settings. When filming video I used to use 'auto' mode but adjust the EV value and then lock it to get the right exposure. A 'semi manual' solution if you like. I also had 'lock EV' set to the function button. However, unless I've missed it, the only way you seem to be able to lock settings now is to use full manual controls. Even though you can adjust the EV in auto mode, it doesn't stay locked and the function button no longer locks it either. Anyone found a solution? Bit frustrating as I liked this feature. Hopefully just a glitch that will get fixed, as the option to customise the function button with 'lock EV' still exists within the app.
When I've changed the EV on the scroller, it has never ever changed until I made the change again. I do hate the AE Lock when you switch from camera to video and back again - it unlocks automatically - but never the + / - on EV has that ever changed when switching around. I've even shut down RC and drone and when starting up again - those same settings were still set. Not the AE lock though.

Both my phone and tablet are Android and I HAVE NOT upgraded to 1.4.0 yet. Maybe I don't want to now.

When I've changed the EV on the scroller, it has never ever changed until I made the change again. I do hate the AE Lock when you switch from camera to video and back again - it unlocks automatically - but never the + / - on EV has that ever changed when switching around. I've even shut down RC and drone and when starting up again - those same settings were still set. Not the AE lock though.

Both my phone and tablet are Android and I HAVE NOT upgraded to 1.4.0 yet. Maybe I don't want to now.

Don't update. In version 1.4.0 there is not any visual sign that the exposure is locked or not.

By the way, does anyone have an older version than 1.4.0 of the Fly app that is kind enough to share it? Thanks in advance.

Same here. That function is really helpful. Hope they can fix it

hello there, have anyone the older Version of Fly app 1.3 for download?
Wanna switch back, till the bugs are fixed ....
Ma Phone Samsung A71, Android 11
(no AE-lock in video mode, phone-charching menu not available, when i touch the GPS icon cant see the full text correctly)
thank you
Steven

Last edited:
hello there, have anyone the older Version of Fly app 1.3 for download?
Wanna switch back, till the bugs are fixed ....
Ma Phone Samsung A71, Android 11
(no AE-lock in video mode, phone-charching menu not available, when i touch the GPS icon cant see the full text correctly)
thank you
Steven
There you go

Reactions: Jam0ne
The AE lock is still there however there is not any visual indication on the screen when this function is turned ON or OFF. It also cant be turned on by tapping the screen on Android devices (work on ios), however it can be controlled by Fn button once assigned.

Last edited:
As an oldskool Mavic Mini owner with no FN button, this is obviously not a solution BUT there is a (very clunky) workaround.

I'm now on 1.4.8 (in-app update prompt) and running on an Android 10 device. If you go into photo mode, you can lock the exposure by the tap and hold on the yellow circle, right? So, what you do is tap to bring up the yellow circle but DON'T hold to pick the exposure. Now quickly go to video mode, and the yellow circle will briefly turn into a yellow rectangle. NOW you can hold that and it will lock the exposure.

Obviously this is clunky as, but it does work. Also, to unlock the exposure you should be able to simply tap anywhere on the screen or, if this doesn't work, switch back to photo mode and then back to video mode again and it'll clear the exposure lock as it always has done.

Let me know if this works for you guys and gals as well.

Regards,
Ad

Reactions: akilmaf
You can asign the Fn button to AE lock, and it will lock, but there is no sign, exept in the yellow circle in photo mode. Stupid not to have indicator for this. But i have tryed this way and it works

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom