DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Example of Wildlife Harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where'd this come from? I really hope it's investigated, they are found, and prosecuted to the fullest extent possible. This is a perfect example of the argument being used against drones in places like Yellowstone National Park or State Parks or wherever. Nevermind this is illegal anywhere and everywhere already. That doesn't matter to those looking for the ammunition to kill our hobby.

same person as the wildlife harassment. If this guy is a member here, I hope he feels real good about himself, here is another one of his uploaded videos
near miss with a helicopter
he looks to be flying well above 400 feet

Last edited:
same person as the wildlife harassment. If this guy is a member here, I hope he feels real good about himself, here is another one of his uploaded videos
near miss with a helicopter
he looks to be flying well above 400 feet

To top it off, that's a New York State Park Police helicopter!

Reactions: crlmjohnson
He’s clearly harassing them- protected under the US migratory bird act (I used to be a wildlife biologist for Forest Service and monitored public activities to protect nesting bald eagles). Report stuff like this to the US Fish and Wildlife Service here:

Report Wildlife Crimes

And to the FAA here:

FAA Hotline Reporting Form

Here’s a screenshot of RP’s YouTube channel in case the video is taken down, and the reply fron US Fish & Wildlife Service:

53751E54-CB29-470A-B816-F841EB468DA2.jpeg

Dear AMann,

Thank you for your inquiry alerting us about harassing of bald eagles with a drone. The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service's mission is, working with others, to conserve, protect and enhance fish, wildlife, and plants and their habitats for the continuing benefit of the American people.

This information will be forwarded to the appropriate law enforcement office for review. Please understand that the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Office of Law Enforcement, only employs 222 special agents throughout the entire United States, who conduct law enforcement investigations that may include activities such as surveillance, undercover work, making arrests, and preparing cases for court.
That said, please continue to bring these matters to our attention. Additional information from concerned members of the public, such as yourself, can only help us in our efforts.

Thank you for your interest in our regulations that help protect fish, wildlife, and plants and their habitats. Please feel free to respond to this message with any further inquiries that you may have regarding this matter.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 12:58 PM
Subject: Fwd: [EXTERNAL] Drone pilot harassing bald eagles
To: FWHQ LE WWW <[email protected]>

Last edited:
Many thanks for the helpful links. I am aware that these videos are of American origin, assuming they had originated in the UK is anyone aware who we would report them to?

Many thanks for the helpful links. I am aware that these videos are of American origin, assuming they had originated in the UK is anyone aware who we would report them to?

UK is also a signatory country for the Migratory Bird Species Treaty, your governmental wildlife protection agency would be the one to contact for any harassment or take of migratory birds.

From his other video he appears to be in Wisconsin and works at some kind of trucking company.

Prob some of the worst examples of flying I have seen in some time. Hopefully someone will get these videos pulled

He’s clearly harassing them- protected under the US migratory bird act (I used to be a wildlife biologist for Forest Service and monitored public activities to protect nesting bald eagles). Report stuff like this to the US Fish and Wildlife Service here:

Report Wildlife Crimes

And to the FAA here:

FAA Hotline Reporting Form
Thank you for the links!! I have one question. I'm new to this. When reporting to the FAA, would one check you are a member of the aviation industry or check as the general public? Thanks!

I have contacted the FAA and reported. Minor BS things I can overlook and say shame on you and shame on me, but this is absolute blatant disregard for the eagles in their natural habitat and dangerous flying activities at the Falls. I am sorry, but I could not let this one go! FAA FSDO in WI has been emailed. URLs for both videos have been provided. Again, minor mistakes and boo boo’s are forgivable, this is NOT!

Respects to All
Jeffrey

Last edited:
From his other video he appears to be in Wisconsin and works at some kind of trucking company.
He is not very bright on two fronts
1) what he did in both videos
2) posting it up under his own name on youtube for the world to see

as I have seen on a few forums I have been a member of, there are always some really good members that are really good at detective work. Many a time I have seen some people tracked down because of their footprints they left on the internet. Hopefully this tool gets his just rewards

Thank you for the links!! I have one question. I'm new to this. When reporting to the FAA, would one check you are a member of the aviation industry or check as the general public? Thanks!
General public, I believe. If you were the pilot of the heli, I’d report it as member of aviation industry.

I have contacted the FAA and reported. Minor BS things I can overlook and say shame on you and shame on me, but this is absolute blatant disregard for the eagles in their natural habitat and dangerous flying activities at the Falls. I am sorry, but I could not let this one go! FAA FDSO in WI has been emailed. URLs for both videos have been provided. Again, minor mistakes and boo boo’s are forgivable, this is NOT!

Respects to All
Jeffrey

Did you use the link I provided as well?

Did you use the link I provided as well?
I followed the FAA links. Also after reading your post with the links, I discovered the path was exactly the same. Thank you anyway.
Again, this was just totally flippant of him to post his blatant violations almost back to back. The worst was to conduct the violations at least two times, second worst was to brag about it. Lack of respect for potential loss of human life, no respect for wildlife, and no respect for the drone community.

Again minor mistakes and boo boo’s, I will forgive and forget, but his actions jeopardize much more than just losing his drone! Lives are at stake with this guy!

I followed the FAA links. Also after reading your post with the links, I discovered the path was exactly the same. Thank you anyway.
Again, this was just totally flippant of him to post his blatant violations almost back to back. The worst was to conduct the violations at least two times, second worst was to brag about it. Lack of respect for potential loss of human life, no respect for wildlife, and no respect for the drone community.

Again minor mistakes and boo boo’s, I will forgive and forget, but his actions jeopardize much more than just losing his drone! Lives are at stake with this guy!

Thanks for verifying mine- I was wondering if it was the right link :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan