DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Example of Wildlife Harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was the correct link. And, I think this particular case warranted using it!
However, I did not go the route of notifying wildlife federation.

R,
Jeffrey

Its US Fish & Wildlife Service and they were already alerted. Thanks for doing the FAA report, too!

Last edited:
Reactions: JSKCKNIT
same person as the wildlife harassment. If this guy is a member here, I hope he feels real good about himself, here is another one of his uploaded videos
near miss with a helicopter
he looks to be flying well above 400 feet

This is the response the FAA made on this video. Apparently they have their eye on this already.

Federal Aviation Administration
22 hours ago
This UAS video/picture was filmed while in restricted airspace, potentially over people, and at an altitude exceeding 400 feet. Specific information can be found Electronic Code of Federal Regulations, Title 14, Chapter I, Subchapter F, Part 93, Subpart E—Flight Restrictions in the Vicinity of Niagara Falls, New York, §93.71 for general operating procedures (https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?SID=4f8dd3c3b3c54f222aaa20bd3b420583&mc=true&node=pt14.2.93&rgn=div5#sp14.2.93.e). For information about the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) rules and regulations, please contact your local FAA Flight Standards District Office (FSDO) for information. You can reach the Rochester NY FDSO at (585) 436-3880. The FAA has everything you need know to fly safely and legally at https://www.faa.gov/uas/ and for information on registration https://faadronezone.faa.gov/#/

Reactions: jsinon and Torcan
This is the response the FAA made on this video. Apparently they have their eye on this already.

Federal Aviation Administration
22 hours ago
This UAS video/picture was filmed while in restricted airspace, potentially over people, and at an altitude exceeding 400 feet. Specific information can be found Electronic Code of Federal Regulations, Title 14, Chapter I, Subchapter F, Part 93, Subpart E—Flight Restrictions in the Vicinity of Niagara Falls, New York, §93.71 for general operating procedures (https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?SID=4f8dd3c3b3c54f222aaa20bd3b420583&mc=true&node=pt14.2.93&rgn=div5#sp14.2.93.e). For information about the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) rules and regulations, please contact your local FAA Flight Standards District Office (FSDO) for information. You can reach the Rochester NY FDSO at (585) 436-3880. The FAA has everything you need know to fly safely and legally at https://www.faa.gov/uas/ and for information on registration https://faadronezone.faa.gov/#/

Woooo Hooooo!

I have contacted the FAA and reported. Minor BS things I can overlook and say shame on you and shame on me, but this is absolute blatant disregard for the eagles in their natural habitat and dangerous flying activities at the Falls. I am sorry, but I could not let this one go! FAA FSDO in WI has been emailed. URLs for both videos have been provided. Again, minor mistakes and boo boo’s are forgivable, this is NOT!

Respects to All
Jeffrey
This is what the FAA posted on his Niagara video:

Federal Aviation Administration23 hours ago

Looks like he edited the description of the Niagara Falls video to add the following:

"***PLEASE READ*** The pilot of the drone made this statement: “I made a mistake. I thought I was safe to fly since I was not in a No Fly Zone and no warnings via my DJI App. I did not think of what was going on around the area. My drone was within eyesight, however it was quite far away. I was capturing footage of the falls when I heard what I thought was a helicopter. I did not see it with my drone (I was primarily watching my screen). As I turned the drone around to try to see my surroundings, that is when the helicopter flew by me. I was doing a Facebook Live at the time and I actually giggled, but that was my defense mechanism. I hope that anyone that saw that post understands that I do not take my mistake lightly. Once I landed the drone and processed what had happened, I was terrified. I couldn’t imagine crashing into a helicopter possibly causing it to crash and kill someone. I’ve learned my lesson. I hope others will learn from this as well.” Remember, you can not put all of your trust into the technology of your drone or device. You MUST use common sense and be careful, not just of your bird, but of others around you. Educate yourself on risks of the area."

Yes, he tries to put it off and make like it was someone else, but with his record of harassing those two Bald Eagles, I believe HE is the person responsible for both videos without a doubt.

He is not very bright on two fronts
1) what he did in both videos
2) posting it up under his own name on youtube for the world to see

as I have seen on a few forums I have been a member of, there are always some really good members that are really good at detective work. Many a time I have seen some people tracked down because of their footprints they left on the internet. Hopefully this tool gets his just rewards

He is either stupid or he is trying to get someone else in trouble. Great on reporting him. If we as a community of Drone pilots fail to report such flagrant violations. The FAA will limit all of us. We don’t need this type of behavior labeling us as dangerous or harassing. My $.02 worth.

Last edited:
Reactions: deleted member 877
Sorry but in times when 25000 kids died daily from hunger chasing after some drone pilot “harassing” birds is nothing more but a feel good waste of time.
There are enough drama in world to put your effort into.
You do more for birds than for hungry kids? Not a good example of real care. Just an agenda.
Anytime one feel an urge to do good by contacting authorities- start by helping kids. Always. After you done helping kids please help birds.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bledsoe1qb
Sorry but in times when 25000 kids died daily from hunger chasing after some drone pilot “harassing” birds is nothing more but a feel good waste of time.
You do more for birds than for hungry kids? Not a good example of real care. Just an agenda.
Anytime one feel an urge to do good by contacting authorities- start by helping kids. Always. After you done helping kids please help birds.
This is a DRONE forum, we discuss what drone operators do, what we should be doing and what we should not be doing. We discuss problems and fixes.
I am sure there are a million OTHER forums where people can do their feel good thing and donate and discuss humanity.

Drone operators are humans, am I right?
All I’m asking is if you have spare time for good deeds start with kids. And than with birds.
You don’t need another forum to be kind to your own kind.
But I do understand your point. Helping kids not a priority for some.

Reactions: Bledsoe1qb

LOL, you have to be kidding right. Are you unable to multitask? Your point of that there are 25000 kids died daily from hunger has nothing to do with taking the time to do the right thing in letting the authorities aware of a crime. Yes flying higher then 400 ft in this country is a crime close to aircraft. Yes harassing eagles (wildlife)in our country is a crime. This forum is to promote the safe legal operation of drones for the enjoyment of its members through sharing knowledge about the drones. I can do both, I don’t need some feel good point to tell me where my time needs to be addressed. The time you spent today on this thread would be the same time you could have reported these illegal acts to the authorities.

You can promote whatever you want. If you know what you talking about.

I don’t know what country you from but in USA flying above 400 feet recreationally is definitely not a crime. You can stretch it to rules violations but not a crime period.
Educate yourself
400 feet: law or guidline?

No kids died from drone flying over 400 feet. Plenty died because pompous shmuk cared more about his hobby and birds.

You can promote whatever you want. If you know what you talking about.

I don’t know what country you from but in USA flying above 400 feet recreationally is definitely not a crime. You can stretch it to rules violations but not a crime period.
Educate yourself
400 feet: law or guidline?

No kids died from drone flying over 400 feet. Plenty died because pompous shmuk cared more about his hobby and birds.
400 ft I stand corrected civil tort. You going to check and see if I was wrong about the harassment of Wild life? I don’t need you to promote your feel good I’d rather save the starving children then take the time to point out violations of CIVIL TORTS, and crimes of wildlife hassment——noticed I changed that for you so you feel better! I can do both at the same time!

If you lose face, you do something which makes you appear weak and makes people respect or admire you less. If you do something in order to save face, you do it in order to avoid appearing weak and losing people's respect or admiration.

You really shouldn’t charge into argument without knowledge. Or at least use word allegedly. Guilty or not is not up to you to decide.
Or maybe that little bird told you it felt harassed?

How about those nesting birds hidden from your eyes in trees but deeply harassed by presence of your drone?

“Mind your own business” comes to mind. Or those people calling cops on blacks just cause they felt discomfort.

Last edited:
LOL now you resort to using sentences not your own, oh that’s right you are saving time so you can save the children. I will end this redictulous banter saying try using your own words you might just might feel better about yourself.

Here let me quote it for you and give you full text with link

“If you lose face, you do something which makes you appear weak and makes people respect or admire you less. If you do something in order to save face, you do it in order to avoid appearing weak and losing people's respect or admiration. They don't want a war, but they don't want to lose face.”

Collins dictionary

I am out of this thread.

Not wanting to perpetuate a pi$$ing contest, but I did report the violating pilot to the FAA. This is a forum of and about Mavic Pilots.

Just a thought, as a retiree on fixed income, does my annual donation of $500 to St Jude’s count? 9 years past they helped treat my terminally ill 3 YO granddaughter, (RIP). My family never paid a dime for the bill.

LOL now you resort to using sentences not your own, oh that’s right you are saving time so you can save the children. I will end this redictulous banter saying try using your own words you might just might feel better about yourself.

Here let me quote it for you and give you full text with link

“If you lose face, you do something which makes you appear weak and makes people respect or admire you less. If you do something in order to save face, you do it in order to avoid appearing weak and losing people's respect or admiration. They don't want a war, but they don't want to lose face.”

Collins dictionary

I am out of this thread.

In that sentence I painted a quick picture of how you in one post lost your face and tried to save it in another.
My explanation at the bottom went unnoticed by you. You came uninvated and you left confused. But at least you learned something new today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d