DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Excellent & cheap hardcase found at HomeDepot

I've used the Monoprice cases for camera gear with mixed results. The case plastic seems less durable but I didn't have any failures. The big difference is the foam. Pelican's foam holds up better and won't easily deform. The Monoprice foam started to compress after the first use, providing less padding and a loose fit for equipment. I haven't looked at the Home Depot or Harbor Freight cases, but if the foam doesn't seem firm it may not hold up. However, the plastidip treatment could improve the foam.
Not to hijack the OPs original suggestion, I've been using my Monoprice cases for more than 6 months now and haven't noticed any foam issues after many insertions and removals of the equipment. When was the last time you used their product? It could be they have upgraded the foam since then. The cases have taken a bit of beating also and seem to be holding up pretty well. I originally purchased a case (can't remember the name - wasn't Pelican) and the foam was so rigid, it risked scratching the equipment so I returned it and op'd for the Monoprice - been happy so far (also looked at Harbor Freight but their cases were a lot thinner and non-fiber plastic).

Not to hijack the OPs original suggestion, I've been using my Monoprice cases for more than 6 months now and haven't noticed any foam issues after many insertions and removals of the equipment. When was the last time you used their product? It could be they have upgraded the foam since then. The cases have taken a bit of beating also and seem to be holding up pretty well. I originally purchased a case (can't remember the name - wasn't Pelican) and the foam was so rigid, it risked scratching the equipment so I returned it and op'd for the Monoprice - been happy so far (also looked at Harbor Freight but their cases were a lot thinner and non-fiber plastic).
Yes this was several years ago and I don't know what the current Monoprice foam is like. My main advice was to watch out for case foam that seems overly soft and compressible. That said, lightweight gear like Mavic Minis may not be heavy enough to deform cheap foam so they might work fine. I think my zoom lens weighs more than a M2P! :)

Don’t laugh cause I bought a case for my Tello for a good price. $240 +tax only joking you guys. I bought the harbor freight 3800 and it’s been protecting my M2Z perfectly. I have been using it since the introduction of the M2Z. There’s nothing wrong with that case. It’s all wrong if you don’t pick apart the foam correctly. I will put a photo up of it as soon as I can.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan