DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Excessive Fan and Heat when programming

DCPMavicPilot

Reactions
Hello. I’m on my 3rd new Mavic 2 Pro. Yes I’m a bonehead newbie that used both of my DJI replacement options within the first month. I’m not proud of it and I did learn from my mistakes and will not be making those mistakes again. One thing that I have noticed with all three brand new Mavic 2s is that when I want to program settings the fan races to the point where I get uncomfortable with the heat being generated. I usually do the programming in my house with the window open, ceiling fan running and it’s never more than 74 degrees at the most in my house. Sometimes I’m watching YouTube videos and making changes based on what some of the more experienced pilots are using and find my self powering down the mavic 2 pro just so it won’t over heat. Is this normal? Do any of you guys experience the same thing? I find it strange that it gets so hot without the motors running.

My M2P does the same. I think that the fan design is rated to cope with the heat output though, so I wouldn't worry about it.
Same experience here. No problems... without motion only the fans can cool the confined electronics of the drone through the small air intake/exhaust openings you can see....just be sure you start with a completely charged battery.... not just the 50% recommended in the manual.. IMHO.

I find that most of the heat is near the back of the battery at the end that has the battery connector. I met a local pilot here in my area that had that part of the battery start to discolor/melt when he was programming his. Turned out that DJI replaced the battery for him Under warranty, but ever since I have been super careful. Maybe to careful as I find turning it off every 10 minutes or so to be a pain.

If the fan cycles off after a while then the cooling measure is working - if the fan never cycles off then I would consider ambient conditions too warm.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661