DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EXP altered setting defaults all the time ?

Mavician

Reactions
Hello.

This morning I launched the DJI GO 4 app and it told me to update from 4.0.1 to 4.0.2 (Android). I don't know if the update causes the problem but when I try to alter the EXP for rudder (middle setting) from 0.25 to 0.20 the figures turn red and showing 0.20 but when I exit the settings and return again the rudder shows 0.25 in blue again. It just defaults time over time and I can not seem to alter the rudder EXP (or other two).

Can anyone confirm this or am I missing something here ?

Yes for sure. Following the correct instructions, first launch the RC then power up the drone. In the app I press GO FLY and get the camera view. All connected and ready to fly. Go in to settings and alter the EXP. Exit the menu. When going back in the menu the EXP is defaulted to 0.25.

Even tried to alter EXP to 0.20 and immediately power off the Mavic in the hope the setting is stored. After re-powering the Mavic again, once I enter the EXP menu I see the value default from 0.20 to 0.25 instantly.

Phil

Is your Mavic switched on and connected when you're making the changes?

I had the same problem when forced to update my android to 4.0.2; after testing and trying to adjust the EXP and others I also had red figures when trying to modify the values....
I finally ended uninstalling the earlier version 3, the 4.0.2 version and reinstalled the 4.0.2 version; from then on everything went smoothly and I could adjust the figures as I had them on version 3. My guess is that for some reason it didn't install properly first time and that was the cause of the problem.
Spanish Flyer

I've just tried this, and mine seems to save fine, which is a good job as the rudder settings are far too high for me out of the box.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

@Spanish Flyer No luck so far. Uninstalled apps and reinstalled the DJI GO 4 app but still suffer from defaulting to EXP 0,25. No luck. :(

@Wacker2611 Did you also where forced to the 4.0.2 update of the app and checked afterwords ?

Sorry to hear that Mavician; have no clue what is happening in your case, other than making sure no other apps in the background are affecting DJI GO 4, I always put my phone on "flight mode", disconnect wireless and Bluetooth, but my guess is you have already tried that too. Anyway, just hope you sort out your prob. ASAP.
Regards,
Spanish Flyer

@Spanish Flyer No luck so far. Uninstalled apps and reinstalled the DJI GO 4 app but still suffer from defaulting to EXP 0,25. No luck. :(

@Wacker2611 Did you also where forced to the 4.0.2 update of the app and checked afterwords ?

Yes, just updated yesterday. It wouldn't let me fly unless I did so cue my heart being in my mouth. Haven't noticed any changes whatsoever so far.

Reactions: Mavician
Is it just your expos that it won't save, or does this apply to any other changes that you make, i.e. Gimbal rates etc?

It's just the EXPO's, those only 3 settings are affected by defaulting. I tried also uninstalling the app on my phone (Huwei P8 Lite) and reinstall it there but same effect both on the phone (Android 6.1) as on the Shield K1 tablet (Android 7.0). Tomorrow I go to visit a friend who has a Mavic to and he uses an Ipad so hopefully I can check over there is these EXPO settings can be altered and saved to the Mavic.

Is it just your expos that it won't save, or does this apply to any other changes that you make, i.e. Gimbal rates etc?

According to the DJI forum I'm not alone having this issue. It has been reported by other customers. I sent an email to DJI hoping they will respond.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wacker2611
I like to share that there is a workaround but it does show that the app is buggy.

When altering the EXP settings (for example rudder from 0,25 to 0,20) you can't use the slider with yellow dot. The numbers turn red and a red value will NOT be stored. The workaround is to press on the number and a keyboard will pop up. Erase ALL the data and now set the wanted value to your liking but use a PERIOD (dot) instead of a comma. The value will stay blue. BUT important is when the value is entered not to return to settings screen but tap the arrow (android function key to go back to previous window) a few times to exit settings menu and exit app. Next make sure the app is out of memory (slide it). When exiting the app, the value will be stored in the Mavic. The drone must be kept on when exiting the app. Now if you restart the app and check the EXP settings the value will be stored showing with a comma.

Very strange and a bug to me but this workaround helped me to tweak the EXP settings. Hope this info is useful to someone that encounters the same problems.

Happy flying. Phil

Thanks for sharing that work-around. Mine does the same return to default when attempting to adjust those settings. I'm going to try the method you suggest next time out.

I like to share that there is a workaround but it does show that the app is buggy.

When altering the EXP settings (for example rudder from 0,25 to 0,20) you can't use the slider with yellow dot. The numbers turn red and a red value will NOT be stored. The workaround is to press on the number and a keyboard will pop up. Erase ALL the data and now set the wanted value to your liking but use a PERIOD (dot) instead of a comma. The value will stay blue. BUT important is when the value is entered not to return to settings screen but tap the arrow (android function key to go back to previous window) a few times to exit settings menu and exit app. Next make sure the app is out of memory (slide it). When exiting the app, the value will be stored in the Mavic. The drone must be kept on when exiting the app. Now if you restart the app and check the EXP settings the value will be stored showing with a comma.

Very strange and a bug to me but this workaround helped me to tweak the EXP settings. Hope this info is useful to someone that encounters the same problems.

Happy flying. Phil

Thank you very much, it works!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore