DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Expat or English speaking pilots in Germany

CuaC

Reactions
I'm around Frankfurt. Would love to meet up some people or at least have a group of english speaking persons to talk about places to fly, regulations in Germany, etc... :)

I'm near Ingolstadt. I just got a Mavic last Saturday and getting used to it.

on a visit to Lake Constance... been flying here a lot. Main points for flying in Germany:

- people are very wary of their privacy (even if unwarranted: fly 90m above them while they hike, and dont be surprised to be shouted at and asked to stop!)

- you need to address label your drone (by law)

- you need liability insurance that covers the Magic (again by law)

Other than that, use common sense, avoid airports obviously, as well as industrial complexes, prisons and the usual suspects.

on a visit to Lake Constance... been flying here a lot. Main points for flying in Germany:

- people are very wary of their privacy (even if unwarranted: fly 90m above them while they hike, and dont be surprised to be shouted at and asked to stop!)

- you need to address label your drone (by law)

- you need liability insurance that covers the Magic (again by law)

Other than that, use common sense, avoid airports obviously, as well as industrial complexes, prisons and the usual suspects.
Indeed most of Konstanz is NFZ... It seems that every group of trees becomes a Naturschutzgebiet! :(

Once I've got my head around the system I'll take a trip to the Altmuhlltal, it's not too far away. It reminds me of the Yorkshire Dales

Once I've got my head around the system I'll take a trip to the Altmuhlltal, it's not too far away. It reminds me of the Yorkshire Dales
Isn't it a natural park? You might have issues.

We need to associate and make pressure... I'm tired of finding natural parks or natural reserves on every stupid group of trees...

Hi
I'm an hour south of Frankfurt. I just bought a Mavic Pro 4 days ago.

I would love to meet.
Hi! I've been out of the forum for a while and just realized your post. I'd love to meet you, but we'll have to find a good moment, the bloody weather is terrible now! :(

Suggestions on where to fly keeping all the silly rules ? :D

Reactions: MLRO
Hi! I've been out of the forum for a while and just realized your post. I'd love to meet you, but we'll have to find a good moment, the bloody weather is terrible now! :(

Suggestions on where to fly keeping all the silly rules ? :D

Hi there!

The closest area (to me, anyway) worth checking out is probably the Pfalz forest. According to AirMap only a relatively small fraction is marked as no fly zone (according to German laws).
There are a few ruins and castles scattered in the forest that could be interesting to film.

I have some time off around New Year. If the weather cooperates I’ll probably go to the forest for some flying.

Cheers!

Hi there!

The closest area (to me, anyway) worth checking out is probably the Pfalz forest. According to AirMap only a relatively small fraction is marked as no fly zone (according to German laws).
There are a few ruins and castles scattered in the forest that could be interesting to film.

I have some time off around New Year. If the weather cooperates I’ll probably go to the forest for some flying.

Cheers!
Just checked! Cool! I'm actually surprised they haven't made eeeeeeeeeeverything a NFZ. Where I am it seems that every group of more than four trees makes a natural reserve :(

I'll be out on new year's eve, but if the weather is good for any of this weekends you can ping me and I'll see if it fits me. I'm hoping for some snow to see if I can get a cool pic!

Hi! Anyone from Augsburg here?

Hello guys,
I am from Ravensburg.

How to interpret the law rule in Germany LuftVO , § 21b Abs. 1 Nr. 7 ?

1601977383083.png

Am I allowed to fly over my own property (for example over my own balcony, or over terrace, or over roof garden ) ?
Or I shouldn't fly at all next to somebody else property in a residential area?

I would appreciate your feedback.

only fly over if you have permission from all residential property users (not just owners, also renters). You can't film over fences of private areas (higher than 1m). Germans dont like you taking photos of them or their residence, dont go near

Reactions: djborsi
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143