DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Explanation of DJI RC (not pro) touch screen icons

MadDogDan

Reactions
I’m new to the DJI RC (not pro) controller. I have searched this forum and the entire internet and cannot find an explanation of the icons and symbols that show on the touch screen. DJI doesn’t even publish this info in their user manuals. There are a few icons and numbers at the top of the screen I can’t figure out. Anyone know where I can find this info?

I’m new to the DJI RC (not pro) controller. I have searched this forum and the entire internet and cannot find an explanation of the icons and symbols that show on the touch screen. DJI doesn’t even publish this info in their user manuals. There are a few icons and numbers at the top of the screen I can’t figure out. Anyone know where I can find this info?
Yep, it's in the manual. Start with page 54.

Here is a link to the manual.

What icons are you confused about, in the Fly App or the RC Configuration pages?

Here is a link to the manual.

What icons are you confused about, in the Fly App or the RC Configuration pages?
In the Fly App. Just to the left of receiver signal strength bars are some numbers in Feet & Inches. The numbers do not correspond with the height above controller or distance from controller. What do they refer to? Also is the number with the circle to the left of what I just described the drone battery strength? Also there is an hourglass shaped icon to the right of the numbers, what is that?

In the Fly App. Just to the left of receiver signal strength bars are some numbers in Feet & Inches. The numbers do not correspond with the height above controller or distance from controller. What do they refer to? Also is the number with the circle to the left of what I just described the drone battery strength? Also there is an hourglass shaped icon to the right of the numbers, what is that?
While they use characters used are perhaps confusing, its merely flight time remaining while in flight. Next to that is RC signal strength, then obstacle avoidance status, the # of Sats and then the ellipse for the Fly settings. If you tap on the battery icon, you'll see the same 00'00" with more information while in flight, it will be all zeros if your not in the air.

There are slews of DJI Fly videos tutorials on YouTube, look for a recent one in the past few months using filters as the display does change as it gets updated. What they cover may change some from the current version of the app if you go to far back. But there may not be a tutorial with the absolute latest version, but there are always some that pop up for every version it seems with some channels version of whether they thinks its ok or they think they found problems.

Reactions: CieloImaging
I’m new to the Mini 3, too. I agree with mad dog Dan - where do we access DJI info on how to use Fly?
There are a lot of onscreen icons and controls that are not explained In any manual I’ve found. Where is this info, please?

While they use characters used are perhaps confusing, its merely flight time remaining while in flight. Next to that is RC signal strength, then obstacle avoidance status, the # of Sats and then the ellipse for the Fly settings. If you tap on the battery icon, you'll see the same 00'00" with more information while in flight, it will be all zeros if your not in the air.

There are slews of DJI Fly videos tutorials on YouTube, look for a recent one in the past few months using filters as the display does change as it gets updated. What they cover may change some from the current version of the app if you go to far back. But there may not be a tutorial with the absolute latest version, but there are always some that pop up for every version it seems with some channels version of whether they thinks its ok or they think they found problems.
Thank you, thank you. Finally someone who knows. I must have looked at 50 YouTube videos and none of them answered my question. Most of the videos address controller settings but none of them give you a mapping or overview of what the actual screen symbols (icons) mean. DJI is the worst when it comes to comprehensive user manuals.

Reactions: CieloImaging
Thank you, thank you. Finally someone who knows. I must have looked at 50 YouTube videos and none of them answered my question. Most of the videos address controller settings but none of them give you a mapping or overview of what the actual screen symbols (icons) mean. DJI is the worst when it comes to comprehensive user manuals.
No one seems to have manuals that cover things extensively these days it seems.

But as noted in another reply, there is a Fly Doc that appears to detail all the items on the fly screen. However @mobilehomer seems to have found a file that is well hidden...

No one seems to have manuals that cover things extensively these days it seems.

But as noted in another reply, there is a Fly Doc that appears to detail all the items on the fly screen. However @mobilehomer seems to have found a file that is well hidden...
It is not well hidden. It is in the drone manual under Fly App/Camera view

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+