DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Exporting H.265 4K In Adobe Premiere

alonbl

Reactions
I didn't find enough information about this topic. I have Mavic 2 Pro and shot DLOG and 4K@30fps.
So I want to know:
1. Best export settings H.265 4K for YouTube
2. Best export settings H.265 4K for my 4K TV

The settings are:
1. Render at Maximum Depth: on/off
2. Profile: Baseline/Main/High/High10
3.Level: 1-62
4. Rec 2020 Color Primaries: on/off
5. High Dynamic Range: on/off
6. Bitrate Encoding: VBR 1 pass/ VBR 2 pass / CBR
7. Target Bitrate [Mbps]: 0-300
8. Maximum Bitrate [Mbps]: 0-300
9. Use Maximum Render Quality: on/off

I didn't find enough information about this topic. I have Mavic 2 Pro and shot DLOG and 4K@30fps.
So I want to know:

The settings are:
I have my new Mavic 2 Pro for about a month and also use Adobe Premiere pro. I have continued shooting in 4K/30 but not D log. I am using Adobe Premiere Pro and still color correct. Here is my work flow;
1.File
2.export
3.H.264
4.high quality 2160
5.check render max depth bitrate
6.max render quality
7.name clip and place to save
8. VBR 2 pass
9. The high quality defaults back to "custom" which seems to work

I am just a Premiere Pro beginner so I am still afraid to shoot in DLog although I have absolutely no problem with color grading in H.264. Any further input from you people out there with more Premiere Pro experience in exporting the clip, I'd love to learn best setting from you.

Reactions: Gindra
I have my new Mavic 2 Pro for about a month and also use Adobe Premiere pro. I have continued shooting in 4K/30 but not D log. I am using Adobe Premiere Pro and still color correct. Here is my work flow;
1.File
2.export
3.H.264
4.high quality 2160
6.max render quality
8. VBR 2 pass

I am just a Premiere Pro beginner so I am still afraid to shoot in DLog although I have absolutely no problem with color grading in H.264. Any further input from you people out there with more Premiere Pro experience in exporting the clip, I'd love to learn best setting from you.

Try Matt Johnson’s channel on YouTube. He has a couple of posts on 4K exports to PR including DLog & H265.

Reactions: anotherlab
Try Matt Johnson’s channel on YouTube. He has a couple of posts on 4K exports to PR including DLog & H265.
Thanks so much. I just spent the last hour watching his videos. I really need to watch again several time and take notes on the export settings. ALL OF HIS VIDEOS ON PREMIERE ARE WONDERFUL.

I open PR and try to follow along pausing and restarting his post many times. However notes would probably be better long term.

I open PR and try to follow along pausing and restarting his post many times. However notes would probably be better long term.
For key learning videos like this, I usually put up two screens on my MAC. On the left, I play and pause and rewind the video. On the right, I transcribe onto a Word document, taking notes. I set aside as much time as I need for something important to me like this. I've been struggling with these issues such as frame rate (24-30-60) and resolution (1080-4K) all taken on different cameras and I hope that by watching and learning these videos I will be better,

For key learning videos like this, I usually put up two screens on my MAC. On the left, I play and pause and rewind the video. On the right, I transcribe onto a Word document, taking notes. I set aside as much time as I need for something important to me like this. I've been struggling with these issues such as frame rate (24-30-60) and resolution (1080-4K) all taken on different cameras and I hope that by watching and learning these videos I will be better,
Good technique. ?

I already saw Matt videos but unfortunately I still didn't get an answer to my questions....

So I want to know:

The settings are:

Sorry, I don't know all of these. I have to watch it again in order to answer your questions but I can answer just a few of them-next to you original post. I wrote in bold.

The settings are:
1. Render at Maximum Depth: on/off. ON
6. Bitrate Encoding: VBR 1 pass/ VBR 2 pass / CBR. VBR 2 pass
9. Use Maximum Render Quality: on/off. ON

I don't think there's any point uploading h.265 to youtube as they don't play in that format, you can if you want to apparently.
The advantage of H.265 is at editing stage where you will be able to maximise your dynamic range and manipulate colour if you wish without things breaking down.
For rendering I suggest Premiere's inbuilt defaults (for youtube) you might change it to 2 pass if time is not an issue, there will be no noticeable difference in the result.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I don't think there's any point uploading h.265 to youtube as they don't play in that format, you can if you want to apparently.
The advantage of H.265 is at editing stage where you will be able to maximise your dynamic range and manipulate colour if you wish without things breaking down.
For rendering I suggest Premiere's inbuilt defaults (for youtube) you might change it to 2 pass if time is not an issue, there will be no noticeable difference in the result.

And what is the best settings for the best quality PC -> 4K TV

And what is the best settings for the best quality PC -> 4K TV
I have been using high quality 2160. as pre3viously noted
1.File
2.export
3.H.264
4.high quality 2160
6.max render quality
8. VBR 2 pass