DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Exposure issue in panorama mode [Resolved]

Looks like a simular issue. I used lightroom to make a panorama with the pictures and that worked fine (without the dark/light areas). So as I already see multiple posts about this, it looks more software related? Contacted dji and they asked me to do a firmware refresh via dji assistent 2. Not tried yet

Yes, seems to be the same Issue. I also opened a case at the DJI support, and as soon as I have an answer I will update here.

I agree that It should be something software-related, as the original pictures stitched with external software like Microsoft Image Composite Editor for example are fine.

PANO_stitch-software.jpg

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
Yes, seems to be the same Issue. I also opened a case at the DJI support, and as soon as I have an answer I will update here.

I agree that It should be something software-related, as the original pictures stitched with external software like Microsoft Image Composite Editor for example are fine.

View attachment 40865
Got a message back today from dji:

"As for the concern, this was actually an isolated issue which we have already feedback to our developers to look into it"

They asked me to perform a firmware refresh so will try that first...

But as sayd before, looks like a structural issue

Got a message back today from dji:

"As for the concern, this was actually an isolated issue which we have already feedback to our developers to look into it"

They asked me to perform a firmware refresh so will try that first...

But as sayd before, looks like a structural issue
Good to know my friend, let's keep in touch, and as soon I have an answer I will post it here.

Regards,
Marcio

Hello Guys,

Here comes the answer from the DJI support after uploading some information, pictures and others:

Venencio (Support)

6月27日 CST09:28

Hello Marcio,

Good day!

Thanks for the response.

We appreciate that you have verified to us the needed information. Thank you so much for that.

You have a point actually, when you said that there is a big possibility this is a firmware issue because we have also same issue with our other drone, Spark.

What I can do for now is to coordinate your case to our engineering team so this can be included in the future update.

Beautiful picture!

Exact same issue here! I just did the firmware update via DJI Assistant 2. Will test again tomorrow.

Just a reminder, or for those not aware, you must do the firmware update with all of your batteries.

Just a reminder, or for those not aware, you must do the firmware update with all of your batteries.
Im not familiar yet with firmware update but why do you have to do it for all batteries?

Do you then perform the firmware update / refresh 3x the same thing for all batteries?

Or are the batteries also able to be updated with other firmware?

Reactions: Opabob
Anyone have any answers yet? I've got the same problem and have had the latest firmware update installed for quite awhile. All of my panorama shots are a mess.

Anyone have any answers yet? I've got the same problem and have had the latest firmware update installed for quite awhile. All of my panorama shots are a mess.
I doubt it will fix your problem, but try downloading dji assistant and connect your MA to see what it says as far as firmware.

Whenever I flew I had no update firmware problems/messages. But when I connected to my laptop and ran assistant, apparently I wasn't. Two of my four batteries needed updating.

I doubt it will fix your problem, but try downloading dji assistant and connect your MA to see what it says as far as firmware.

Whenever I flew I had no update firmware problems/messages. But when I connected to my laptop and ran assistant, apparently I wasn't. Two of my four batteries needed updating.

I can't run dji assistant since I don't have an Apple computer to connect to my iPad. It's very disappointing to have this flaw in the software without a fix. The reason I bought this drone is for the panorama shots here in BC Canada. I've been taking the MA on several backpacking trips using the panorama mode on these landscapes. Lots of time and effort wasted. It's so very frustrating to have this fail as a result of manufacturers defect. I will make a full complaint to dji support.

I don't blame you. That's some beautiful country.

Guys, I just want to get back to you on this.

I contacted support about this issue; they got back to me quite quickly <snip> I got an email saying I would get a free repair service (!) and that they replaced the "Lens Module".

In the end they sent me a new drone

I contacted support without any response at all. Is DJI still in business? Why do I not even get a confirmation that they received my request for help? How do I go about getting a replacement for this defective drone?

I contacted support without any response at all. Is DJI still in business? Why do I not even get a confirmation that they received my request for help? How do I go about getting a replacement for this defective drone?
Dont think replacing drone would fix the issue
Dont think a nrew drone will fix it. Also have no answer yet from DJI except they forward it towards there dev. engineers.
I player around shooting some pano's and find out its also depends which direction you shoot at (away or towards the sun)
Seems when shooting towarsd the sun, you het the exposure issue (darker areas in picture). So im still conveninced its a firmware / software thing

I have allso this same issue. There is no answer from DJI for this?
Meyby its better i do allso offical fault report to dji...

Seems to be working when I start the pano away from the sun...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/t4ceF5Xr8R89Rxy78

I'm not getting this to work with my iPad the same way it works with my Chromebook. Is anyone else getting this to load as a 3-D panorama image that can be moved around in a 360? Any feedback on this shot would be appreciated.

Last edited:
I did get in touch with dji support. They forwarded my issue to their engineers...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada