DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Extensions to DJI red bowties (unlocking)

Chuckinay

Reactions
This a question for those who do a lot of self-unlocks for restricted (by DJI) airspace ...

What is the classification of the extensions on red runway zones — the apparent extension that creates a true "bowtie"? I can't tell what color they are — it doesn't seem to be blue or red. Do they fall into one of the four restricted-zone classes, and if so, which one?

screenshot 2020-11-26 at 09.45.12.png

All I can say mine are blue out in the same situation, but I can tell mine are blue. Looking at DJI FlySafe Map...it is a altitude zone restriction.

Snohomish Co (Paine Fld)​

Level: Altitude Zones

Type: Airport

Max. Altitude (m): 150

Attachments

• Zones.jpg
    Zones.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 14
Grey is altitude restriction zone. You'll often see this on the outskirts of the runway, following what FAA facilities map shows.

Grey is altitude restriction zone. You'll often see this on the outskirts of the runway, following what FAA facilities map shows.
OK, thanks. I wonder why they extend out 10 miles from the airport, well beyond the FAA grids.

All I can say mine are blue out in the same situation, but I can tell mine are blue. Looking at DJI FlySafe Map...it is a altitude zone restriction.

Thanks for sharing that extended list. I only knew of four zones previously.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair