DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EXTEREMLY Unhappy with DJI Refresh service

Flynn

Reactions
So,

I want to get a call from somebody other than "Tech Support" who just doesn't merely only quote policies on DJI Refresh, its warrantees, and your customer service TODAY, or, well, I'm about to get legal on you.

CAS-1777248-D5L2M1 . You should find my contact info in there.

The REFURBISHED - NOT NEW replacement from my case back in September now has issues it never originally had, and I have another invoice for replacing what should not have even been a problem, since I sent it into your repair dept. The invoice I just received back even says "1. No crash found in available flights. 2.) Obvious damage that impairs normal function to unit. Conclusion:Cause of issue is damage due to force impact." It never had a forceful landing or impact in the less than 8 months since its return to me. It was never out of its case when not in use, and I got into landing it into my hand to prevent just those issues. I've BABY'ed this thing.

I now am being told that two control arms, middle frame module, and entire gimbal need to be replaced when I only sent it in with an issue resulting from the Original Repair. GIMBAL OBSTRUCTION, AIRCARFT MOTOR OVERLOAD. This was a known issue with the Gimbal camera Ribbon Cable. KNOWN.

And fellow Mavic Pilots, if you've had a bad experience with DJI refresh policies, I want to hear from you. I think a class action may be in order from what I can see on the other forums and general postings about The Mavic Pro drone - especially about this issue.

KEY NOTE: I have a friend dying of Stage 4 Stomach Cancer, who has worked in the wineries of Napa Valley for four decades. He is about to die and all we want to do, or really can do, is give him a video of his vineyards that he can see one last time, from a perspective he was never able to see.

Because of this repair issue, I'm losing valuable time for him. He's not going to last another week. No, I can't just get/rent another drone around here.

DJI, you better respond immediately. <pissed off>

Reactions: copterbob
I would rent a drone/service for that situation as time seems to be critical. That should relieve that aspect of stress. And there are places in the North Bay that does rent them, and flight services if needed..

Now as to DJI, unfortunatly, you are going to have to deal with them on their terms. Just knowing over the years, the "service" aspect has always left much to be desired. I know, it does suck big time, but they are the "big dog on the block", and they know it.

Another option is when things settle down for you, try Thunderdrones for repair services.

Reactions: Akoztha
You should probably post this in the DJI forum if you want a reply. As far as I know no one from DJI monitors this forum.
DJI MAVIC forum

Reactions: Flynn
I believe the agreement with them for use is all cases handled individually, like apple there can be no class action if you use the product, not 100% though

DJI services is like try to win the lottery. Sometimes their services work well and sometimes sucks. It all depends who you deal with.

Reactions: Akoztha
you should ask around on the forum to see if there is someone local to you who can film the vineyards for you or lend you their drone. Highly doubt that you'll have this resolved in a week.

Someone on FB said that Customer Care has been alerted to the issue and the proper people are reviewing the Case.

Hmmmm....

And thanks everyone for referring me to those rental places, I'm doing my best to do that so I can have something for him, thank you.

I would not waste your money on the refresh service DJI has a horrible service department I would not let them work on my aircraft under any circumstances I have had horrible experiences with them you are better off trying to fix it yourself or paying to send it to someone else to fix it do not send it to DJI total nightmare

I would not waste your money on the refresh service DJI has a horrible service department I would not let them work on my aircraft under any circumstances I have had horrible experiences with them you are better off trying to fix it yourself or paying to send it to someone else to fix it do not send it to DJI total nightmare
I will trust more thunderdrones than sending to DJI.

Reactions: Flycaster
I don’t really have a solution for you other than you spending the money to buy a new unit if you want one now.

It’s awful to hear about your friend, I truly am sorry. However, you shouldn’t fault a company for your urgency.

Myself, I am two for two in excellent service from DJI. Both without their service plan.

Reactions: chazzm
Im really sorry to hear about your dear friend bro. I've had family and friends who have suffered from similar medical ailments. Have you tried getting assistance fron the actual DJI forum? I had minor issues with the refresh program but once I reached out on that forum things "magically" started happening in my favor. I wish your friend one of GODS MIRACLES from the bottom of my heart. I haven't read thru this entire thread but my advice is to reach out via the DJI forum. Expect a day or 2 before a reply on there. Good luck!!!!!

Reactions: Robert Hingston
Blade Strike and Tahoe Ed work for DJI and can often help in a situation like this if you contact them over at RCG.

I have had a great experience with DJI refresh. My Mavic Pro fell out of the sky onto my driveway and broke into quite a few pieces. I sent and email to DJI telling them about it and after I paid my $79.00 they sent me a shipping label. They received my broken drone at1500 on a Friday and by 1800 they had mailed my replacement. On the next Tuesday I received my new Mavic Pro along with a new battery. Everything works fine. I am very pleased with their customer service and I plan on renewing the DJI refresh for my Phantom 4 Pro.

Reactions: copterbob
I had terrible experience w/ DJI service too... bad enough to swear I'd never buy DJI again. There's no product or service worth that type of trouble. With drones being a "luxury" / hobby item, I'll take my chances waiting for the Autel EVO then sell my Mavic Pro. (and hope Autel stays in business)

I dropped my MP into a river 10 days ago and shipped it off after recovering it from 10 feet of muddy water for DJI Refresh service. They emailed me within 4 hours of receiving my broke bird that my replacement had been shipped. It is due here on Thursday. I expect my replacement will be a new bird but we will see.

But, but, but... DJI.

The Care Refresh is fraud. I've been through the whole mess and they don't seem to really care about their customers. They call you "valuable" then they don't do s**t. I've heard the word sorry so many times I honestly don't believe they know what it actually means... I wish you the best of luck getting what you want from them!

Used Refresh in UK, MA sent to Netherlands, brand new MA back with me within 10 days - excellent service!

I don’t understand the negative experiences, yet no explanation. It would be a whole lot more understandable if you at least gave the broad strokes of your issues.

I just completed my third DJI repair service. The previous two without DJI Refresh, then learned my lesson on my new MavicPro Platinum and it was just as simple, easy, and quick. Not a single step was different other than the long list of replacement parts and labor only came to a total due of $89.

I don’t understand the negative experiences, yet no explanation. It would be a whole lot more understandable if you at least gave the broad strokes of your issues.

I just completed my third DJI repair service. The previous two without DJI Refresh, then learned my lesson on my new MavicPro Platinum and it was just as simple, easy, and quick. Not a single step was different other than the long list of replacement parts and labor only came to a total due of $89.

I'm on my third unit. As much as I b*****d and argued, DJI could not and would not tell me why my gimbal stopped working, twice (and what are the freaking odds)! What am I supposed to think about their attention to quality? Why am I, and others finding it acceptable that their products fail and they can't back them up? Why am I constantly wondering what malfunction is going to happen next? I was not happy when I returned my 6 month old MP that I paid full price for then on top of an additional $80 receive a scratched up refurbished unit in a f****d up box.... and I know I'm not the only one out there. Bad taste in my mouth left DJI with one less customer and I know with what I've been through, they could care less. And they don't care about you, either. Just your $$$ yuan.

Oh yeah, and on top of that, they also lied to me about my current Mavic and I have been flying around with a faulty gimbal. It's probably on a matter of time before I have to send off for another repair. They finally copped to the error after the warranty expired. I have it all documented and I argued the fact but they pretty much told me "sorry" until I finally got tired and gave up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goadreams