DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EXTEREMLY Unhappy with DJI Refresh service

I'm on my third unit. As much as I b*****d and argued, DJI could not and would not tell me why my gimbal stopped working, twice (and what are the freaking odds)! What am I supposed to think about their attention to quality? Why am I, and others finding it acceptable that their products fail and they can't back them up? Why am I constantly wondering what malfunction is going to happen next? I was not happy when I returned my 6 month old MP that I paid full price for then on top of an additional $80 receive a scratched up refurbished unit in a f****d up box.... and I know I'm not the only one out there. Bad taste in my mouth left DJI with one less customer and I know with what I've been through, they could care less. And they don't care about you, either. Just your $$$ yuan.

Ah, okay. I see the frustration there. I didn’t know they sent out scratched-up refurbish. The three units I’ve had replaced were brand new and don’t have a scratch on them. Long story short, when I crashed my first and sent it in for repair, I bought a Mavic off a friend who claimed one flight. (Lesson learned - no more pre-owned purchases.) I found out later that initial flight of his was indoors and it hit the wall. The gimbal would flicker randomly and reset in flight. No warning, no obvious codes. I’d just be flying and the camera would start darting in each direction for about 30 seconds and then be back to normal. I sent it in and Dji charged me about $150 for the gimble control board and gimble and sent me a new/refurb Mavic.

I think where we differ is I just assume these aren’t repairable and a couple hundred bucks, regardless of who’s fault it is, is better than buying a new one.

Attachments

• 2878E9DC-2C64-4EAC-893F-530282614200.jpeg
    2878E9DC-2C64-4EAC-893F-530282614200.jpeg
    200.9 KB · Views: 15
Ah, okay. I see the frustration there. I didn’t know they sent out scratched-up refurbish. The three units I’ve had replaced were brand new and don’t have a scratch on them. Long story short, when I crashed my first and sent it in for repair, I bought a Mavic off a friend who claimed one flight. (Lesson learned - no more pre-owned purchases.) I found out later that initial flight of his was indoors and it hit the wall. The gimbal would flicker randomly and reset in flight. No warning, no obvious codes. I’d just be flying and the camera would start darting in each direction for about 30 seconds and then be back to normal. I sent it in and Dji charged me about $150 for the gimble control board and gimble and sent me a new/refurb Mavic.

I think where we differ is I just assume these aren’t repairable and a couple hundred bucks, regardless of who’s fault it is, is better than buying a new one.

Why did they charge you to replace a part and then send you a new/refurb? Shouldn't they have sent you the same drone back with the part changed?

Why did they charge you to replace a part and then send you a new/refurb? Shouldn't they have sent you the same drone back with the part changed?

I doubt they have that kind of time. I got the quote, paid right away and they had it shipped the next day. That’s been my experience on three occasions. Two of them were full-on smacks into rock faces at full speed. One didn’t have DJI Refresh and they quoted arms, gimble, camera, body, etc. ended up totaling $180 and they sent a new/refurb. The last one they did the same kind of quote, but the total was only $89 instead of a couple hundred that the parts and labor came to.

With crashes like I’ve had, I’m glad they sent entirely different units, I’d hate to get it back and they missed something like some sand or dirt where it shouldn’t be, or the body surfaces not lining up like new.

-Edit-
Just came across the SERIAL NUMBER thread.
According to that, the build date on the one they sent is 7 July 2018

Last edited:

Mine was the same issue! and I was fine with repairing it for the cost to get my property back. I never crashed it to the point where I wanted to use the Refresh, but after three unanswered emails and another week of waiting I collapsed and paid for the Refurbished unit. To me the $150 would have been worth it over what I went through.

I would not waste your money on the refresh service DJI has a horrible service department I would not let them work on my aircraft under any circumstances I have had horrible experiences with them you are better off trying to fix it yourself or paying to send it to someone else to fix it do not send it to DJI total nightmare

Much rather send my stuff to @Thunderdrones than to DJI in addition to this go out and get state farm on your drone if you can.

I'm on my third unit. As much as I b*****d and argued, DJI could not and would not tell me why my gimbal stopped working, twice (and what are the freaking odds)! What am I supposed to think about their attention to quality? Why am I, and others finding it acceptable that their products fail and they can't back them up? Why am I constantly wondering what malfunction is going to happen next? I was not happy when I returned my 6 month old MP that I paid full price for then on top of an additional $80 receive a scratched up refurbished unit in a f****d up box.... and I know I'm not the only one out there. Bad taste in my mouth left DJI with one less customer and I know with what I've been through, they could care less. And they don't care about you, either. Just your $$$ yuan.

I don't know man. Lots of us have never had any problems that would require a repair.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming