DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Extra Payload Detected.

marciosantos

Reactions
What means extra payload detected? It is the first time I saw this warning..

Anyone already has the same warning?

The screenshot was attached.

The only modification on the aircraft was the firmware update.

Regards,
Marcio

Screenshot_2018-06-10-18-46-58.jpeg

This is the warning when you use guards for the props. I use them myselves so I know the warning :) Safety first !!!

This is the warning when you use guards for the props. I use them myselves so I know the warning :) Safety first !!!
But he just said he wasn’t using them! Maybe he was trying out pizza delivery?!

What means extra payload detected? It is the first time I saw this warning..

Anyone already has the same warning?

The screenshot was attached.

The only modification on the aircraft was the firmware update.

Regards,
Marcio

View attachment 39889
A lazy bird hitching a ride?

I've only seen that when the prop guards were attached, and as you noted yours were not.

Is this message consistently displayed on subsequent flights?

Can you post more information: firmware version; dj go 4 app version etc?

Did you recalibrate everything after the firmware update? You might consider recalibrating IMU anyway.

If the problem persists, refresh the firmware.

I'm sure someone will ask you to upload your flight log. Never having done so, I'm not familiar with the procedure, but someone will walk you through it.

I had that warning when I had to propeller guards on..I just assumed the mavic was detecting that added weight? I just ok'd the warning and flew it anyways and didn't have any issues flying.

I had that warning when I had to propeller guards on..I just assumed the mavic was detecting that added weight? I just ok'd the warning and flew it anyways and didn't have any issues flying.

Same warning with extended feet attached.

Reactions: Ekok
Hey I’ve recently encountered the same problem! I’ve noticed when it kicks on my mavic air wont go full speed in sport mode. Goes the same as the regular mode. Any suggestions? I don’t have the prop guards in either

Hey I’ve recently encountered the same problem! I’ve noticed when it kicks on my mavic air wont go full speed in sport mode. Goes the same as the regular mode. Any suggestions? I don’t have the prop guards in either
For me, it only happened this time. I've been doing lots of flights after these and never saw this message anymore

Happen during flight or at take off? If during flight it may have been a buffering of wind that just caught the device out. If at take off it means it's detected extra load on lift... didn't land it in a muddy puddle that dried on did you :)

its probably additional strain on the AC unexpectedly for a brief moment while in the air - wind is what i suspect
I know my warning came from this (kidding)

Attachments

• Spark_TP.jpg
    Spark_TP.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 87
Reactions: utahutes1264
It was a little gusty. But I flew it after I posted that and it worked fine! Hopefully I don’t run into that anymore.

What’s the best way to go about cleaning it?

cf3e6aceffe8d70fd58b6e83c63d1658.jpg

Reactions: Soonerdrone
It means you updated your Air for no reason, and your MA is telling you not to do it again.

Is that a light hearted joke or your serious its due to an update ? My mavic AIR today slipped from an intended hand landing but i caught it with my hand by grabbing the prop guard. this caused one prop to hit my finger and stutter while the other props slowed down and stopped because i was anyway holding the land joystick down. After a few mins i tried another flight and took of perfectly but after 2 mins in the air it gave me the "additional payload detected, fly with caution" warning. Can someone explain ?

You know what I think it is.. when something hits the props it can tweek
It just enough to have the drone think something is on it or wrong with it. I still am running into this issue. I’m going to order some new props and see if that solves it

It tweeks (tweaks?) the motor or the prop ?. My prop doesn't have even a single mark or scratch on it. I anyway have extra props too. Is the warning possible due to motor damage ?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+