DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Extreme Adventure Climb across Beautiful Crumbling 13'K Red Mountains

Karlewski

Reactions
This Climb was a true battle that I ended up loosing by a narrow margin, lol, places I had been planning to visit for a long time. I chose an unconventional route and after a heavy snow winter and the two factors combined to make this a tough trip. That all said, it was truly amazing, unique and Beautiful.

Holy crap Karl! What a close call, I'm sure glad you made it out ok. I really enjoyed your video. As always, you do a magnificent job of telling a story. Those drone orbit shots with you as a puny human figure on a knife edge ridge was spectacular! As an old geologist, I live vicariously through your videos! The volcanic stratigraphy of the San Juan's was splendidly on display in your film. Some of the units you traversed, I'd guess as either pyroclasitics or lahars seem to be prone to blocky failures along joint surfaces. Probably makes sense to climb with another person but you know your business. I can't wait for your next film including the public service safety video!

This Climb was a true battle that I ended up loosing by a narrow margin, lol, places I had been planning to visit for a long time. I chose an unconventional route and after a heavy snow winter and the two factors combined to make this a tough trip. That all said, it was truly amazing, unique and Beautiful.
Simply breath-taking! I was cheering you on all the way to the peaks - wow!!! Incredible adventure - thanks for sharing!!!!

Reactions: mereflyer
Hello Karl,
you really are a crazy guy, holy ****, I was afraid for you! But apparently there is no level of difficulty that you are not up to, hats off to this insane performance and the sensational pictures! the video blew me away and I had goosebumps again and again, 🤣Wow, compliments and thanks for showing this amazing video you crazy friend on mine 😉
cheers Paul

Reactions: mereflyer
While I was watching this, my wife walked into the room and looked at my screen and immediately said,"oh, you're watching that crazy guy again!" She was right and enjoying every minute of it. You are truly amazing.

Dale
Miami

It was quite a trip! The venue is unrivaled. . . in a few ways. . LOL, though the one I'm working on now is no slouch either, more beauty less danger. . . A very recent on coming later is a technical climb on a 13er and 180' rappel off, that's huge even for me!
My new home where the desert meets the mountains has really been a dream come true. Small ranch, bunches of animals, birds, friendly people, great to come home to and I think this winter will be amazing as well. It is also world renowned for mountain biking. I think that really helps me maintain fast reflexes and good balance, even during the summer a sunrise ride along the canyon rim of the Colorado River is perfect. Lots to look forward to and excited to have my buddies join me. Thanks for supporting me and being a part of it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_