Posting this for exposure. If you live in or are planning to be near Glendale, Arizona, you need to read this.
|Super Bowl LVII Flight Advisory - Glendale, AZ
Notice Number: NOTC2806
At the request of the Department of Homeland Security, the Federal Aviation Administration will establish airspace restrictions over Super Bowl LVII, to be played February 12, 2023 at State Farm Stadium in Glendale, AZ. NOTAMs will be issued depicting a 99.7 “Special Security Instruction” Temporary Flight Restriction (TFR) to be implemented as follows:
FEDERAL AVIATION ADMINISTRATION
HEADQUARTERS WASHINGTON, DC
SUPER BOWL LVII
Under the authority granted by 49 USC, the FAA may apply restrictions within airspace under its jurisdiction. Any person who knowingly and willingly violates these restrictions may be subject to certain criminal and/or civil penalties. Pilots who violate security TFRs or procedures may be intercepted, detained and interviewed by Law Enforcement/Security Personnel. They may also be subject to the following actions:
1. The FAA may take administrative action, including imposing civil penalties and the suspension or revocation of airmen certificates;
2. The United States Government may pursue criminal charges, including charges under Title 49 of the United States Code, Section 46307;
3. The United States Government may use deadly force against the airborne aircraft, if it is determined that the aircraft poses an imminent security threat.
UAS ACTIVITY IN THE VICINITY OF DOWNTOWN PHOENIX:
Within the area bound by coordinates 332757N1120505W, 332632N1120505, 332632N1120343W, 332757N1120343W and up to 1,000ft AGL, unless otherwise authorized, all UAS operations are prohibited during the following times:
February 9, 2023 0600-2400 MST
February 10, 2023 0600-2400 MST
February 11, 2023 0600-2400 MST
February 12, 2023 0600-2400 MST
10NMR INNER RING RESTRICTIONS:
On February 12, 2023 from 1530-2030 MST, all aircraft flight operations are prohibited from the surface up to, but not including FL180 within a 10 Nautical Mile Radius (NMR) of 333148N/1121553W or the BXK/VORTAC 067 degree radial at 28.4NM except as follows:
1. Approved Law Enforcement, approved Military aircraft directly supporting the Super Bowl and approved Air Ambulance flights, squawking an assign discrete beacon code, are permitted within the inner ring as coordinated.
2. Regularly scheduled commercial passenger and all-cargo carriers operating under one of the following TSA-approved Standard Security Programs/Procedures: Aircraft Operator Standard Security Program (AOSSP), Full-All Cargo Aircraft Operator Standard Security Program (FACAOSSP), Model Security Program (MSP), Twelve Five Standard Security Program (TFSSP) All Cargo, or All-Cargo International Security Procedure (ACISP) and are arriving into and/or departing from 14 CFR Part 139 airports.
10NMR TO 30NMR OUTER RING RESTRICTIONS:
On February 12, 2023 from 1530-2030 MST, all aircraft flight operations are prohibited from the surface up to, but not including FL180 between the 10NMR and the 30NMR of 333148N/1121553W or the BXK/VORTAC 067 degree radial at 28.4NM except as specified below:
1. All aircraft arriving or departing local airfields, and workload permitting, ATC may authorize transit operations. Aircraft may not loiter. All aircraft entering and exiting the TFR must be on an active IFR or VFR flight plan and must be assigned a discrete beacon code by an Air Traffic Control (ATC) facility. Aircraft must be squawking that code prior to departing within, and entering the TFR.
2. All aircraft entering or exiting the TFR must remain in two-way radio communication with ATC.
IN EFFECT FOR THE ENTIRE TFR:
For operations within this TFR, all emergency/life-saving flights (medical/law enforcement/firefighting) must coordinate with the FAA at the Phoenix Terminal Radar Approach Control (TRACON) prior to their departure at (602) 306-2566 to avoid potential intercept or delays.
The following operations are not authorized within this TFR: flight training, practice instrument approaches, aerobatic flight, glider operations, parachute operations, ultralight, hang gliding, balloon operations, agriculture/crop dusting, animal population control flight operations, banner towing operations, sightseeing operations, maintenance test flights, model aircraft operations, model rocketry, Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS), and utility and pipeline survey operations.
The FAA point of contact for Super Bowl LVII is the System Operations Support Center, available 0700-2300 Eastern at (202) 267-8276.
PRE-GAME ACTIVITY IN THE VICINITY OF STATE FARM STADIUM:
Within 1NM and 3000ft AGL around State Farm Stadium (333148N/1121553W or the BXK/VORTAC 067 degree radial at 28.4NM), unless otherwise authorized, all UAS operations are prohibited during the following times:
February 12, 2023 1100-1530 MST
UAS operators who do not comply with applicable airspace restrictions are warned that pursuant to 10 U.S.C. section 130(i), and 6 U.S.C. section 124(n), the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Department of Justice (DOJ), and the Department of Defense (DOD) may take security action that results in the interference, disruption, seizure, damaging, or destruction of unmanned aircraft deemed to pose a credible safety or security threat to protected personnel, facilities, or assets.
UAS operations are authorized within the defined SSI airspace if in compliance with the requirements listed below:
1) Prior to TFR activation, the UAS flight operation has been pre-approved by the FAA System Operations Support Center (SOSC) at 202-267-8276 based on criteria established by the sponsoring federal agency in coordination with the FAA;
2) Requests for pre-approved UAS flight operations can expect disposition of their request in a minimum of 48 hours.
3) If the pre-approved UAS flight operation is conducted in direct support of an active national defense, homeland security, law enforcement, firefighting, search and rescue, or disaster response mission, and prior notification has been provided to the designated facility contact; or
4) If the pre-approved UAS flight operation is conducted in direct support of a significant and urgent governmental interest and is approved by the FAA SOSC in advance of entering the defined SSI airspace; and
5) The pre-approved UAS flight operation complies with all other applicable federal aviation regulations.
The FAA recommends that all aircraft operators check NOTAMs OFTEN for mandatory airspace restrictions prior to operations within this region. Specific instructions and restrictions are available at Federal Aviation Administration - Graphic TFR's once the NOTAM has been issued.
This notice is being sent to you because you selected "Selected ATC Notices" in your preferences on FAASafety.gov. If you wish to adjust your selections, log into Login - FAA - FAASTeam - FAASafety.gov where you can update your preferences.